Waiting again...

Handling the anxiety while your waiting.
angeltam
Cancer Stage: Unknown
Node Status: Unknown
Tumor Size: Unknown
Tumor Grade: Unknown
Receptor Status: Unknown

Re: Waiting again...

Postby angeltam » 08am30America/New_York()

I just got back They are going to do an Ultra Sound tomorrow and a Biopsy of the duct and maybe some other area's he said.

The doctor wasn't able to get my results while I was there but I just called and got the results. My ANA test was extremely elevated and my white blood count was low. They want to do the test again Monday but are calling the Breast Surgeon now. Now sure again what all this means but I'm not going to stress over it anyway because I am seeing the BS tomorrow again and we're moving towards answers.

My BS said to me (made me feel so much better) "Angel I don't think you are crazy and I believe something is going on, it's just not been cut and dry". :tear: I AM GOING TO GET ANSWERS!!!!!!
Praying for everyone daily, Angel
lexislove
Diagnosed With: IDC
Mets: None
Tumor Grade: 3
Receptor Status: ER+, Her2+

Postby lexislove » 08am30America/New_York()

Angel!

Thank you you for updating us....AGAIN! I have been thinking about you and this horrid ordeal. I'm very happy that you are finally getting a biopsy. You are right you will get results.
Mimi2
Forum Moderator

Postby Mimi2 » 09pm30America/New_York()

Geez, I've been away from the puter since Sunday.

Angel, I am so glad someone is FIANLLY LISTENING to you. No, it's not in your head..Darn it..they can see it with their own freaking eyes! I am furious! There is no excuse for this...NONE! And I'd ask for an anti-anxiety pill..maybe Ativan.

You are in my prayers, Angel. I am so sorry you have had to deal with all the run around.
Hugs,
Shirley
Ecclesiastes 10:2 (NIV) "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left".
angeltam

Postby angeltam » 13am30America/New_York()

I just wanted to update everyone. I did the Ultra sound and the next day I was got very sick. I've been running a 102 temp since about Friday.
I'm sort of on hold right now.

I Pray everyone is doing well.
Emerald
Site Admin
Diagnosed on: 02/01/2008
Secondary Diagnosis: DCIS
Cancer Stage: Stage I
Node Status: 0/3
Tumor Size: 1.3cm
Tumor Grade: Grade 2
Receptor Status: ER+/PR+/HER2/Neu++

Postby Emerald » 13pm30America/New_York()

Dang, that stinks! Talk about kicking you while your down!

Angel, it is a crying shame when we have to be our own advocates! I pray that you will never lose the strength to see this through, the tenacity to see this through, and the hope of finding the truth.
"I don't care if my glass is half full or half empty, I am just thankful to have a glass!"
Mimi2
Forum Moderator

Postby Mimi2 » 13pm30America/New_York()

Angel, geez that just sucks! I assume you haven't received the results of your US.

Take care, drink PLENTY of fluids and take some Tylenol for that fever.
Shirley
Ecclesiastes 10:2 (NIV) "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left".
angeltam

Postby angeltam » 15pm30America/New_York()

I still haven't heard back from the BS but when I talked with the US place they said that nothing showed up (dense) but that they noted they can feel it.
Why wouldn't it show up.... if everyone can feel it? I'm calling my BS again in a moment.
I just want to cry!

Thank you all.
Mimi2
Forum Moderator

Postby Mimi2 » 15pm30America/New_York()

Oh, Angeltam, this is not what I wanted to hear. I don't want to hear BAD news, but I want to hear that they found out what's going on. I feel so badly for you. Please keep us informed.
Shirley
angeltam

Postby angeltam » 18pm30America/New_York()

:cheers: at the Beach right now wishing I could say I was having fun... but I am still hurting.
My bf has a coaching clinic this weekend and I tagged along to try to relax. Don't get me wrong listening to the waves hit the shore is nice but the pain is still there.
I should be getting the biopsy this week sometime... I'm sure that Dr. Lewis will not quit until he finds out what it is. Still I am waiting and ready to know what is going on with me and to get it taken care of...... sitting here at the beach just makes me want to get out there throw the towel down and relax.... I wish I could say I was having as much fun as I used to when coming to the Beach but with this "issue" it's not easy, just another reason to get answers and healed so that I can come back and enjoy myself.

I'll let you all know when something happens.
Mimi2
Forum Moderator

Postby Mimi2 » 18pm30America/New_York()

Good to hear from you, Angeltam. Try really hard to have a great time..not just a good time. I KNOW you are anxious to find out what's going on. Heck, it's got to be a little more fun worrying at the beach rather than sitting at home by yourself! Keep us posted.

Hugs,
Shirley
cheri
Diagnosed on: Nov. '05
Cancer Stage: Stage 11B
Node Status: 3/11
Tumor Size: 1 cm
Receptor Status: ER/PR+ HER-
My Bio: Lumpectomy, Breast Reduction, TAC Chemo, 35 Rads, Arimidex

Postby cheri » 07am30America/New_York()

I have a darned onc appt tomorrow. It wasn't supposed to be until July but I've got some swelling around my neck area, which I'm sure is probably nothing but there's always that anxiety even if it's just routine. It's sort of on my shoulder but up close to the side of my neck and it's on the opposite side of my port, which I've had in now for 3 1/2 yrs due to using it for iinfections. But my onc wants it out so she'll schedule me to have that done. It's rather stressful to have her office call me back and her want to see me sooner than scheduled after I told them about the swelling when I made my July appt. Maybe it's just a fat pocket...that'd be great. LOL Not that I like fat pockets but it's way better than the altenative. At least I haven't had alot of time to worry about it cos they callled me back on thursday. I guess we all go through this and why wouldn't we? Breast cancer is a terrible thing and so many have gotten mets that we know none of us have any guarantees...we're just a little higher risk than the average person. It'll be fine though. I have faith.
Cheri
cheri

Postby cheri » 12pm30America/New_York()

All that anxiety of waiting for my onc appt and everything is fine, thank God! I get my port out in two weeks after having it in for 3 1/2 yrs...I'm nervous about that..it's been like my safety net with infections. But it's time to get it out of there.
Cheri
Mimi2
Forum Moderator

Postby Mimi2 » 14pm30America/New_York()

Cheri, happy to hear your onc's appointment went well. I know how you feel about your port. My was my "security" blanket. Everyone else wanted their's out. I wanted mine to stay...IN CASE....However, when I had mine put in it was very east and taking it out was even easier. I hope your's goes as well as mine did. AND, I wasn't asleep. I never sleep when they give me stuff. They need a sledge hammer in their to hit me over the head. I was awake during my colonoscopy..watched it..LOL Another Katy Couric.
cheri

Postby cheri » 18pm30America/New_York()

Thanks Mimi, that 'twilight' med is nothing...like you...it takes alot to knock me out and if I can even hear them talking I'm freaking out. I'm a big fraidy cat.
Cheri
GingerSnap
Forum Moderator
Cancer Stage: I
Node Status: 0/2
Tumor Size: 1.7
Tumor Grade: 2-3
Receptor Status: er/pr/her2+++

Postby GingerSnap » 18pm30America/New_York()

I have been having light headedness and vertigo episodes .. my visit is this afternoon ... I made it with my PCP instead of onc.
PRASS MEDUSA PRASS MEDUSA
GingerSnap
Forum Moderator
Cancer Stage: I
Node Status: 0/2
Tumor Size: 1.7
Tumor Grade: 2-3
Receptor Status: er/pr/her2+++

Postby GingerSnap » 18pm30America/New_York()

Had my PCP visit .. he's referring me out for an MRI ... He's a really good dr .. he said if I was 20, he'd say it's anxiety and nothing to worry about but with history of BC and being 46 now, 4 years out from dx that it warrants a test to rule out mets. He said no use being anxious about a problem they can rule out and if it was, then the earlier the better.
PRASS MEDUSA PRASS MEDUSA
Mimi2
Forum Moderator

Postby Mimi2 » 18pm30America/New_York()

Cheri, tell your doc to give you Ativan or something before the procedure. I took my .5 mg of Xanax and with whatever they gave me I was still away. Same thing with my colonoscopy.

Ginger, I had knot or lump on my neck. I guess it was a lymph node. In my case he said come back in two weeks or I can send you for a biopsy SINCE YOU HAVE A BC HISTORY. Geez! I hate this disease. Oh, but it went away.

Okay, I'll be praying for you. When is your MRI? I'm not going to tell you not to be nervous. I'll tell you TRY not to be nervous. Take a pill. I believe in them.
cheri

Postby cheri » 21pm30America/New_York()

Ginger, a friend of mine has been having vertigo and it worried her but it turned out to be her ear...or sinuses...can't remember which...but it wasn't anything bad at all. So, try not to worry. That's so weird that you'd both be having the same thing. Yours will be fine, too.

Shirley, they're going to have to give me more than a pill before they pull this port out of me! I was told not to eat or drinik after midnight the night before. Hope they can find a vein.

I'm a week ahead of myself and was thinking they were taking out my port tomorrow, but it's next monday. I would've been so mad at myself if i'd driven up there all psyched up for it and they sent me home for another week of anxiety. I have no veins in my arm so losing this port is worrying me cos that's what I did all those infusions through with my leg infections. I don't associate the port with cancer like most, cause I had those serious inffections and this port saved me from vein PIC lines and trying to infuse myself with one hand. I'm skeered...and now have another week to worry!
Cheri
Silverleaf
Diagnosed on: Jan 2004
Diagnosed With: ILC

Postby Silverleaf » 21pm30America/New_York()

Cheri, if your not suppose to have anything to eat or drink, then they are gonna knock you out I bet. I will be praying for you. they always have a hard time starting an IV on me or getting blood and I hate it. Before the back surgery when I was paralyzed they stuck me like 7 times in the ambulance and then like 10 more times in ER. I told them finally to get their best person in here because I was hard to stick and he said I am the best and needless to say I rolled my eyes. They finally gave me so much demerol every 30 minutes until I could move and kept giving me shots until I could get up and would not let me leave until I could walk. Was in so much pain the meds didn't even make me high or sleepy.
Anyway, hope all goes smoothly.
Life is good and I intend to live it to the fullest

Return to “..... To See The Doctor”