Cancer Stage: Stage 11B
Node Status: 3/11
Tumor Size: 1 cm
Tumor Grade: Unknown
Receptor Status: ER/PR+ HER-
My Bio: Lumpectomy, Breast Reduction, TAC Chemo, 35 Rads, Arimidex

Prayers For Amber & Emma

Postby cheri » 12am30America/New_York()

My daughter, Amber, is 6 months pregnant with her first daughter, Emma. The baby seems to be doing fine but Amber was hospitilized from last Tuesday until Friday for dehydration. She hasn't been able to keep food or liquids down since she became pregnant. Since she is so far along her OB has been unable to give her anything strong for nauseu. He recommended OTC Pepcid and Benadryl, which does seem to help somel. We could use all the prayers we can get. Thanks.
Cheri
gina56
Diagnosed With: IDC
Mets: None
Cancer Stage: IIIa
Node Status: 6/25
Tumor Size: 2cm
Tumor Grade: 2
Receptor Status: ER+/PR+/HER-

Re: Prayers For Amber & Emma

Postby gina56 » 12am30America/New_York()

Cheri, I'm sorry your daughter is having such difficulty with her pregnancy. My neice had the same problem with all three of her pregnancies and delivered three healthy baby girls. I will keep you all in my prayers.

Gina
GingerSnap
Forum Moderator
Cancer Stage: I
Node Status: 0/2
Tumor Size: 1.7
Tumor Grade: 2-3
Receptor Status: er/pr/her2+++

Postby GingerSnap » 13am30America/New_York()

Wow Cheri, we will keep them in our prayers!
PRASS MEDUSA PRASS MEDUSA
Emerald
Site Admin
Diagnosed on: 02/01/2008
Secondary Diagnosis: DCIS
Cancer Stage: Stage I
Node Status: 0/3
Tumor Size: 1.3cm
Tumor Grade: Grade 2
Receptor Status: ER+/PR+/HER2/Neu++

Postby Emerald » 13pm30America/New_York()

Cheri, I am lifting Amber, Emma and you up in prayer!

Please keep posting to let us know how she is doing.
"I don't care if my glass is half full or half empty, I am just thankful to have a glass!"
Mimi2
Forum Moderator
Cancer Stage: Unknown
Node Status: Unknown
Tumor Size: Unknown
Receptor Status: Unknown

Postby Mimi2 » 13pm30America/New_York()

Cheri, I'm so sorry to hear about your dd. It's HORRIBLE being sick AND pregnant. Did you say this was the first girl grandbaby? Keep us up to date on how dd is doing.
Ecclesiastes 10:2 (NIV) "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left".
cheri
Diagnosed on: Nov. '05

Postby cheri » 14am30America/New_York()

They hospitalized Amber last night and ran pancreas and gallbladder tests with no results back yet. Not even the meds to keep her from throwing up in the hospital is working. They won't even let her have ice chips. They are hoping it;s her gallbladder cos then they could remove it and stop the sickness. If not, they don't know what is causing it but they don't think it's related to the baby. She is healthy and strong and they showed her to them on the ulra sound last night and she was sucking her thumb and they could see her little mouth sucking. Amber has lost 4 lbs since friday but the baby is growing...go figure that. Jeff is up there with her at the hospital and spent the night in a chair by her bed last night. I have my 4 yr old grandson and my 8 yrs old grandson is at his dads here in town. I plan on taking them both up tomorrow to see her. I am just worried out of my mind. Thanks for all the kind words and prayers.
Cheri
Emerald
Site Admin

Postby Emerald » 14pm30America/New_York()

Cheri, I can only imagine how helpless you feel and how worried you must be. It doesn't matter how old our children get, we just want to take their pain away.

I am praying for Amber and Emma. So glad the baby is thriving. That is usually a very good sign for both mama and baby.
"I don't care if my glass is half full or half empty, I am just thankful to have a glass!"
cheri

Postby cheri » 15pm30America/New_York()

Thanks everyone. They have now decided it is Ambers gallbladder but she is too far along to risk removing it. They've put her on Nexium and going to monitor her for another 36 hrs and if she can keep food and liquids down then she can come home. I'm keeping her 4 yr old son, Kevin. We went up to see her in the hospital and they cried when they saw each other and they cried when we had to leave. If the Nexium doesn't work then they will have to do a high risk upper GI. Please pray the meds work, Amber has been so sick since she got pregnant. She lost 4 lbs from friday til mon. She just wants to come home and be with her boys and have Emma stay as healthy as she seems to be now.
Cheri
gina56

Postby gina56 » 16am30America/New_York()

Great news, cheri. Maybe meds and change in diet will do the trick.

Gina
cheri

Postby cheri » 17pm30America/New_York()

Amber came home from the hospital today! Oh happy day! The meds in the hospital kept her food and liquids down so they sent her home with a rx for Reglan and Nexium. Jeff dropped the scripts off at the pharmacy and she went up later to get them...her ins won't pay for her Nexium! Grrrrr. She HAS to have it. So she promptlly called her OB and he called her in prescription strength Prilosec, so far so good. No coffee and bland diet, but she doesn't mind as long as the pain stays away and she can keep food down and little Emma is alright. So far, even though she's onlly been home one day, it seems to be working.

I want to tell you all how much your prayers and kind words meant to us. I think we'll finally breathe when she has a healthy baby girl and she is healthy. Three months away, due Aug.9. Amber is my only child and my best friend...need I say more.
Cheri
Mimi2
Forum Moderator

Postby Mimi2 » 18pm30America/New_York()

Awww, Cheri. How sweet...you only child and best friend. I have three dds and my middle dd said I was her best friend. She didn't know what she'd do without me..that's when I was dxd with bc.

I know you have worried your head off. I so hope all will be well until little Emma comes along. Then when Amber is up to it they can take out that stupid gallbladder! It's good to find the culprit.
Ecclesiastes 10:2 (NIV) "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left".
gina56

Postby gina56 » 18pm30America/New_York()

cheri, great news. So glad things worked out well.

Gina :D
cheri

Postby cheri » 18pm30America/New_York()

Thank you ladies. So far, so good.
Cheri
Emerald
Site Admin

Postby Emerald » 19pm30America/New_York()

Cheri, I was checking in for an update and praise God, she is home!!!! That is an "Oh Happy Day!"

I pray the rest of Amber and Emma's journey to birth will be a non-eventful one.

Amber is very lucky to have you as an advocate for her. Going to the Lord to lift them up in prayer is the most valuable thing you and us could do for her. :blink:
cheri

Postby cheri » 30pm30America/New_York()

Amber went to the OB yesterday for her checkup and all is well. The baby is growing, test result for downs syndrome came back neg, as well as the one for diabetes. Amber had lost a pound in the last 3 weeks but the dr said that wasn't bad considering how much she'd been losing due to being so sick and the baby was still growing well with a strong hearbeat. 14 more weeks. Amber has the room set up and crib, the new bedding set, tons of clothes, I bought Emma a new car seat and matching stroller last week. All she has left to get is a swing and walker...down the road. And diapers...always never ending diapers. She is so excited.

Thanks to eveyone who prayed for her and I pray they make it through just 14 more weeks.
Cheri
GingerSnap
Forum Moderator
Cancer Stage: I
Node Status: 0/2
Tumor Size: 1.7
Tumor Grade: 2-3
Receptor Status: er/pr/her2+++

Postby GingerSnap » 30pm30America/New_York()

Great news Cheri! So glad the Down's test came back negative.
PRASS MEDUSA PRASS MEDUSA
cheri

Postby cheri » 30pm30America/New_York()

Thanks Ginger, now if we can just make it to the finish line! LOL I bet she thinks twice about getting pregnant again but if she gets her gall bladder removed then there shouldn't be these problems again...but who knows.
Cheri
Silverleaf
Diagnosed on: Jan 2004
Diagnosed With: ILC

Postby Silverleaf » 06am31America/New_York()

Oh Cheri, I didn't realize she was having so many problems, I will keep them in my prayers and you too. Gosh you got a lot on your plate too. Praying for a normal finish line for Amber and Emma. Hang is there.
Life is good and I intend to live it to the fullest
gina56

Postby gina56 » 06am31America/New_York()

Fingers crossed and prayers coming and hoping time will pass quickly. Best wishes for safe delivery.
Emerald
Site Admin

Postby Emerald » 06pm31America/New_York()

Cheri, how are your girls? I am assuming no news is good news. Still praying for them both!
Mimi2
Forum Moderator

Postby Mimi2 » 06pm31America/New_York()

Glad to hear that all is going well. It's soooooooooo much fun getting ready for a new baby. And this time a girl...she'll need a lot of new things.
cheri

Postby cheri » 07am31America/New_York()

Amber started getting sick again. She finally had to call her OB and he told her she had two choices...either try to tough it out as long as she could at home whch he didn't expect would be long or she could go ahead and come in and he'd admit her back into the hospital...get this...for the remainder of her pregnancy! That's 13 weeks! She told him she had two little boys that she couldn't be away from that long and he told her 'priorities'. She doesn't like him but her regular OB retired and she got this new one and liked him at first but she has been telling him all along how sick she is and he didn't do anything about when she was in the second trimester and could have removed her gall bladder. He just kept telling her some women are sick their whole pregnancy. She has delivered 3 little boys (one passed away with SIDS) and was never this sick. She cannot stay in the hospital for 3 months...well she will if it's life or death...but she decided to try and tough it out as long as she could. She and her family stayed out here monday night and tues cos she was so sick on monday. She brought her laptop and started looking up pregnancy and gall bladder problems. OMG! We learned soo much. Her dr hadn't even given her a diet guide line to go by. She loves broccolli and cooks it almost every night either by itself or in something, for dinner. Broccolii is like one of the main things that bring on gall bladder attacks! She read down through the list of foods she shouldn't eat and even though they are healthy they bring on the gall bladder attacks! Soo, she has changed her diet completely the last few days and she came over today and had color back in her face and said she actually felt good! She can't eat red meat or fowl but she can have cold water baked fish with lemon juice, such as halibut, cod, salmon, tuna, whiting etc. The OB said to take 2 Flinstone vitamins every day and we got her some Boost to drink. Also, stress brings on an attack, so she calls me when she's feeling tense and I talk her out of it. She's so scared about losing Emma to SIDS cos Gavin was her last son and she just about didn't make it through that one but just because she lost him to but it doesn't make her chances of Emma having it any stronger.

Anyway, I'm rattling on but I think since we are armed with much more knowledge we can make it through it. Her dr should have seen to it that we had a guideline. I am so worried but I try to think positive since she's been better the last couple of days. Please, ladies, don't stop praying for them. I know I haven't.
Cheri
gina56

Postby gina56 » 07am31America/New_York()

I can't believe her dr didn't give her a diet to follow. I'm glad you got some good info. Hope things will continue to go well.

Gina
Emerald
Site Admin

Postby Emerald » 07pm31America/New_York()

Cheri, I am sorry Amber is still having sickness! I had gallbladder disease for 6 years, they kept treating me for hietal hernia. Anyway when I was pregnant with Drew, they gave me Carafate because it isn't absorbed in the blood stream so baby wouldn't get any. Amber, I am sure has been given great meds, but thought I would suggest it anyway. Never can tell.

Ice cold milk also kept my tummy settled. They said to avoid dairy, particularly milk, but ice cold milk was the ONLY thing that got me through it!
cheri

Postby cheri » 07pm31America/New_York()

Thank you, girls. Emerald, I will have her mention that med to her dr and see what he thinks. Ice cold milk?? omg, she'd have a gall bladder attack if she did that for sure but glad it worked for you. I had one really bad attack an thought I was gonna die...my husband took me to the ER and 3 days later I was in the hospital having mine out. Of course I wasn't pregnant so it wasn't that big of a deal for me like it would be Amber.
Cheri

Return to “Give Us This Day, Our Daily Prayer”