VoiceOfReason
Diagnosed With: DCIS
Mets: None
Cancer Stage: 1
Node Status: 0/3
Tumor Grade: 3
Receptor Status: ER-, PR-. HER +++

Re: Olivia's Prayer Thread

Postby VoiceOfReason » 20am31America/New_York()

Hi Olivia,

I think it is really neat you are posting on the boards.

I know you are an animal lover - so am I. Did you see the video that was on the internet a couple days ago about the lion raised in captivity and then released in AFrica?

If you didn't just google "Christian the Lion" and it should come up. I watched it over and over, it made me cry.

Like you I have 2 little dogs, also 2 cats and 2 chinchillias !! As soon as I figure out how to post pictures, I will send you a picture of them.

You are in my prayers sweetie
Love
Stephanie (Daisy)
PS - Let me know if you see the Christian the Lion video. in fact there are several
Make America [color=#0040FF]GREAT AGAIN !!![/color]
Emerald
Site Admin
Diagnosed on: 02/01/2008
Diagnosed With: IDC
Secondary Diagnosis: DCIS
Cancer Stage: Stage I
Tumor Size: 1.3cm
Tumor Grade: Grade 2
Receptor Status: ER+/PR+/HER2/Neu++

Postby Emerald » 20pm31America/New_York()

Well, well, well, Olivia KEEPS having nose bleeds.....every night......and I don't mean little bloody mucos, or a little trickle, I mean 2 box worth of tissues this one week bleeds.

She has always been prone to nose bleeds all her life. When she was about 5 we went to ENT and he looked and said that the membranes in her sinuses were very thin so the vessels are easily exposed. This would explain the bleeds.

She usually gets them according to "allergy" season, but never this bad. Maybe one or two per season. She has now had 7 since Feb 10th........

I dont know if it is coincidence, side effect from meds, or a new symptom. Doc is sending her for MORE blood work......Cannot imagine what they could possilbe need to check for that hadnt been previously looked at, but oh well.

I have no doubt her blood work will be normal.
"I don't care if my glass is half full or half empty, I am just thankful to have a glass!"
camsdh
Forum Moderator

Postby camsdh » 20pm31America/New_York()

Em, I'm so sorry issues with Liv keep compounding...Does any of her meds have asprin or its derivitive..
Mimi2
Forum Moderator
Cancer Stage: Unknown
Node Status: Unknown
Tumor Size: Unknown
Tumor Grade: Unknown
Receptor Status: Unknown

Postby Mimi2 » 20pm31America/New_York()

Em, just one more thing to worry about. This child and her mom needs a rest! I will be so glad when you get ANSWERS. I can only imagine how frustrated you must be.
Shirley
Ecclesiastes 10:2 (NIV) "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left".
cheri
Diagnosed on: Nov. '05
Cancer Stage: Stage 11B
Node Status: 3/11
Tumor Size: 1 cm
Receptor Status: ER/PR+ HER-
My Bio: Lumpectomy, Breast Reduction, TAC Chemo, 35 Rads, Arimidex

Postby cheri » 21am31America/New_York()

Oh gee, I was hoping with the new meds and the last I had read the Olivia was almost back to herself again. I am so sorry. Off to see more doctors. So sorry, prayers are with you.
Cheri
Minnie2009
Forum Moderator
Cancer Stage: Stage 2
Tumor Size: 3
Tumor Grade: 2
Receptor Status: ER+PR+HER-

Postby Minnie2009 » 21am31America/New_York()

With every thought and prayer for you, I see you healthy, happy, and prosperous.
Beloved, I pray for you knowing that you are continually blessed by the presence of God, that you are whole, strong, and secure. With infinite love and caring, God created you with an inner light of wisdom and discernment that continually directs you.
Divine light guides you wherever you are, in whatever you do. As you turn your attention to this all-powerful source of illumination, you receive infinite understanding and guidance concerning every detail of your life.
I hold you in my thoughts. I see you radiant with God's light, the light that guides you in interacting with the people around you in a spirit of love and wisdom. With every thought and prayer for you, I see you healthy, happy, and prosperous.
"I will put my spirit within you, and you shall live, and I will place you on your own soil; then you shall know that I, the Lord, have spoken and will act."--Ezekiel 37:14
It's raining, it's pouring, the old man is snoring...
Emerald
Site Admin

Postby Emerald » 21pm31America/New_York()

Thanks you guys. She has actually had a pretty good day today. She went to a friends house to watch a movie, then came back here and has been fairly active.

She did not have a nose bleed last night either. I bet they will stop now that she had to have another blood test. Which is good, but seems like whatever it is, runs around, dodging being "caught". :roll:

She is getting braces on Monday. That should be interesting. This is her second time to have them. The first time, I gave her Aleve before her appointment and is certainly helped with the pain and soreness. This time, I dont want to chance giving her Aleve or ibuprofen because of the nausea, and the nose bleeds.

She hasn't had any meds with aspirin in them. I did wonder if nosebleeds were a side effect of one of the meds she does get. I guess not though, or the pedi woulda told me that.

Oh well, I do think that they will stop now. :razz:

mar18_2.jpg
"I don't care if my glass is half full or half empty, I am just thankful to have a glass!"
camsdh
Forum Moderator

Postby camsdh » 23pm31America/New_York()

Liv is still in our hearts and prayers...

She is so cute....And that dog, wow, is it a stuffed work of art, surely no ordinary dog could look that good

:uwink:
Mimi2
Forum Moderator

Postby Mimi2 » 23pm31America/New_York()

The dog is so cute!
Ecclesiastes 10:2 (NIV) "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left".
Mimi2
Forum Moderator

HA! Bet'cha you thought that was all I was gonna say. :tong: I just crack me up! :clown: You know how that is, Em...cracking yourself up. :lol:

Olivia looks so purtty. She goes along well with the pooch!

Seriously, Olivia, you are beautiful! Love your beautiful long hair. I so hope you start feeling much, much better. I'm glad you had the opportunity to get out of the house to visit a friend. That helps the old mood.

Mom (Em), you gals are still in my prayers. (Where's the praying hands smiley?)
Shirley
Emerald
Site Admin

Postby Emerald » 23pm31America/New_York()

First of all, the picture is of Olivia, and a little princess who is merely a very hairy little human (or so she thinks) I think her name should be "Entitled" but, I am not the one who chose her name.........

Shirley, I crack me up, I crack you up, You crack me up, you crack you up, Herbie is just cracked.

:lol: (I really do crack me up)
Emerald
Site Admin

Postby Emerald » 23pm31America/New_York()

Well, I have had two very “interesting” phone calls today. The first one was from the lab who did Olivia’s blood work last week. They said something “happened” with the CBC and they needed to redo it. We (me and the lab techie) sorta laughed, as it is ironic that this would happen to Olivia of all people.

The second phone call just came from the pediatrician’s nurse. She said that Dr. Johnson wants to do a follow-up visit with us on Wednesday. She said that her blood work had come back and there were “just a few things” he wanted to go over with us. So while I am hoping we are getting close to an answer, I have a little bit of butterflies too.

If they were able to identify the cause, wouldn’t he just tell me over the phone, then give me instructions as to meds or other docs? If the blood work is normal and he obviously knows we are scheduled to go to Wake Forrest in 2 weeks, he wouldn’t really need to see us would he?

So, I am not sure whether to be relieved, or apprehensive. But don’t worry about me, I will figure it out and be just fine. LOL

Anyway, on about her day. She has had another “decent” day. Yes she is still nauseated, but I believe she is learning how to handle it better.

She got braces this morning. This is her second “go-round” with them, so at least she knew what to expect. She has done pretty good so far. They only put them on the top too so that is good. She will get the bottoms in 6 weeks.

Thanks for all the kind comments. It is great knowing that you guys are still interested in how she is doing!
Mimi2
Forum Moderator

Awwww...braces...I remember those days. And...awwwwww...oral surgeons..I remember those days..WISDOM TEETH EXTRACTED FOR THREE KIDS = BIG BUCKS! But..awwwwwwww...kids...they're worth every penny of it! :kiss:

Okay, those two phone calls...do ya think the doc wants to make money so he has you coming in? That's what my dh would say. :roll: I think you are getting closer and closer to your answers. And they're gonna be simple ones and good ones and easy ones to take care of the problem.

I'm glad to hear she's doing a bit better.

Keep on keeping on til you get answers...yes, I know you will, but I had to give you my advice. :blink:
camsdh
Forum Moderator

Postby camsdh » 24am31America/New_York()

Ahhhh I remember the Joy of braces for my daughter...She was so cute...she would not smile and would always cover her mouth after getting her's ....I thought that was darling..the shy little thing...One day she forgot and laughed at something stupid I did...That's when I found out, that right after getting her couple of thousand of dollars worth of braces..she took a pair of needle nose pliers and took them out, ortho said that had to hurt...Still today, she blames me for her overbite..because I would not get any more for her,
pconn03

Postby pconn03 » 24pm31America/New_York()

Karen:
Continuing to keep Olivia in my prayers. I know how hard it is to wait for these tests and then wait again for results!!!

Give her a big hug for me!!

Blessings,
Pat
Emerald
Site Admin

Postby Emerald » 24pm31America/New_York()

Hello all. Olivia had another nose bleed last night……I figured we had scared them off………

I am so full of anxiety tonight not knowing what the doc will say tomorrow…

Is he planning on having a “heart to heart” with us telling us there is nothing wrong with her and we just need a psychologist?

If her blood work showed “something” why didnt they just tell me what and what to do next?

It is something alarming and he wants to do a physical exam to confirm it?

Is he just infatuated with my beauty and wants to ask me to leave my hubby for him?

So many questions and don’t know that I want the answers……..You guys know EXACLTY what I am talking about because each of us has been there.

Something is “up” with that “CBC” needing to be re-done. I am almost positive it wasn’t a lab error, but a need to recheck something that was alarming. I say that because besides the fact of how wierd everything was yesterday, tonight we went to have it redone and long story, but the nurse went to GREAT lengths to be sure I couldnt see the paper work……She finally just turned it over so I could see nothing.

I will post as soon as we get back. Her appt is 11:15 EST
pconn03

Postby pconn03 » 25am31America/New_York()

Karen/Olivia:
Holding you up in prayer. My thoughts are with you as you go to your appointment this morning.
Waiting to hear some great news . . .

Hugs and prayers,
Pat
Emerald
Site Admin

Postby Emerald » 25pm31America/New_York()

Went to the doctor today. He said that her lab work was abnormal for the PT/PTT whatever that is. But it is something to do with her liver and coagulation of her blood. He wanted to see her to do a physical exam to be sure she didn't have any abnormal bruising. She doesn't, which is good.

The HIDA scan we had done at Scottish Rite showed a "clump" of predominant blood vessels in her liver, but the report stated that it wasn't enough to make a "clinical diagnosis". It is STILL doesn't mean anything now, but it could be a piece of the mystery puzzle.

So, he wants to repeat the same blood work in a few days to see if there is any change. He is glad he was able to get our appointment at Wake Forrest moved up to April 6th.

We are to monitor her nose bleeds and if she has another one tonight or tomorrow night, then he wants us to get the blood work done asap.

And now we wait........................
pconn03

Postby pconn03 » 25pm31America/New_York()

Karen:
It seems like the waiting never ends, does it. Prayers, prayers and more prayers for your sweet girl!

Pat
Mimi2
Forum Moderator

Postby Mimi2 » 25pm31America/New_York()

Oh, Em, I'm so sorry you are having to deal with this. And, of course, I'm even sorrier that poor Olivia is dealing with this. I does get very stressful. I remember when my oldest had rectal bleeding and the ped wanted her to see a surgeon after a few attempts to do something (can't remember what he did..too long ago). I do remember how so very scared I was. When I finally made the appointment with the surgeon he did a sigmoid (sp) scope on her...and that was more than once. She had a fissure. Well, he put something on that bugger..maybe acid stuff...to try to make it heal. It didn't. this child from the time she was somewhere in her threes was afraid to go potty because it would hurt. Then when she was four and five she had a barium enema. I remember that child at four screaming, Mommy, my tummy hurts! And I couldn't be with her in the x-ray room. The next time when she was five she said, Mommy, that thing won't fall on me, will it? It was one of those x-rays that come down on top of your body. Anyway, I answered no. Do you no that child didn't cry one time and had to hold that barium. Ultimately, the surgeon put this five year old in the hospital and did surgery to "remove" the fissure. Hoping that it would heal.

So, Em, I know what frighten means. I was so scrared.

I will be so glad when you get her to Wake. You are still in my prayers.
Shirley
cheri

Postby cheri » 25pm31America/New_York()

Emerald, I was sure hoping you'd go in to see the dr today and he would have some simple little answer for Olivia and the nightmare would be over. But..at least your appt. is moved up and they are actually trying to put the puzzle together. Prayers for Olivia and your family.
Cheri
Emerald
Site Admin

Postby Emerald » 26pm31America/New_York()

I guess it is good when there isn’t much to talk about. She is the same, no better, no worse.

She is almost caught up in science and math, still has a ways to go in language arts. The teacher comes twice a week and works with her on her studies. I have no idea what we will do about the CRCT’s. I guess I need to contact her counselor at the school.

She asked to get her hair cut. Julie, our family hairdresser was very accommodating and got her in today. When I say she got it cut, I really mean it. But she looks soooo adorable and I just love it. Here is her picture:

camsdh
Forum Moderator

Postby camsdh » 26pm31America/New_York()

I do like the new do.
cheri

Postby cheri » 28pm31America/New_York()

Cute haircut. I hope today finds her doing well.
Cheri
Mimi2
Forum Moderator

Postby Mimi2 » 28pm31America/New_York()

Love, love, love her haircut.

Speaking of haircuts. Here's my two little munchkins (grandchildren). Explanations with pics. This was their last visit here. They'll be coming again the week April 6! Last time it was so rainy..they only had a few minutes to ride their bikes on the driveway.

Before haircut See how curly his hair is.

DURING HAIRCUT

BEFORE HAIRCUT

AFTER HAIRCUT

And one more. Daddy doing stickers with "curly." :D

Return to “Give Us This Day, Our Daily Prayer”