Secondary Diagnosis: DCIS
Mets: None
Cancer Stage: Stage I
Node Status: 0/3
Tumor Size: 1.3cm
Tumor Grade: Grade 2
Receptor Status: ER+/PR+/HER2/Neu++

Mistake or a Miracle?

Postby Emerald » 30am30America/New_York()

Is this a mistake or a miracle?

10/24/12 I had a thoracic MRI at Emory Spine Center.

Doctor called the next morning saying the MRI showed a "supicious lesion" on T4 vertebrae.

The report says "5mm osseous lesion in the veterbral body at T4 that is dark in T1 sequence and bright on T2 and fat-sat sequences. This is concerning for this patient, in the setting of having a history of breast cancer, a subcentimeter metastasis. Suggest a contrast-enhanced MRI in addition to a CT scan. Would also consider a PET or PET-CT scan."

We forwarded this report to the oncology dept at Emory-Winship Cancer Center. Who, based on the images and report skipped straight to the "mack-daddy" PET-CT scan to "look for additional metastatic disease".

The PET-CT scan report states "In the osseous structures, no worrisome lesions are found, no evidence of recurrence or metastasis."

The doctor's response was "the MRI was misread".

I think there were too many descriptive details for the MRI to have been "misread". I believe with all my heart, that the Lord heard many, many, many prayers and healed me AGAIN from cancer. I dont know why He would. I dont know why He would heal me and not others. But I do know two things, I give Him ALL the credit and it's not for me to question "why?"And if God can see fit to use a miracle on me, I KNOW He'll see fit to use one on you too!
"I don't care if my glass is half full or half empty, I am just thankful to have a glass!"
suzfive
Diagnosed With: ILC
Cancer Stage: IIIa
Node Status: 5/21
Tumor Size: 3.5 cm
Receptor Status: ER+/PR+/Her2Neu -

Re: Mistake or a Miracle?

Postby suzfive » 30pm30America/New_York()

Wow Emerald, so happy for you! If it were a mistake that could be checked - someone else could look at the images. Just so glad it turned out to be nothing.

I do believe in miracles and the power of prayer. I have a nephew who is now 30. He was born with multiple heart defects, had three open-heart surgeries before his first birthday. He spent most of his first 18 months in the hospital. He had a valve problem that the doctor said would require more surgeries as he got older, he said definitely when he was 2, 5, 12 and the last one at 16-18. My sister asked "are you sure?" and the doctor replied "definitely, there is no way this is going to go away". My BIL worked at their church as a second job so their children could get reduced tuition at the school. One day, the parish priest told him that a priest friend of his from Poland was coming to the church and that this priest had been known to "heal" people. My BIL came home and told my sister so they took my nephew to this priest. My sister did not want to get her hopes up, but when the priest laid his hands on my nephew, my sister said she could feel something going through her. A few months later she takes my nephew for his heart cath to decide when they should do his next surgery (2 years). When she came in the doctor's office for the results, he was stunned. My nephews valve was growing with him and he did not need another surgery. This had never happened to any of his patients with the same heart defects before. He called it a "miracle". My nephew has not had to have another heart surgery and is doing well. Miracles happen. Only God knows why some get a miracle and others do not.
Mimi2
Forum Moderator
Cancer Stage: Unknown
Node Status: Unknown
Tumor Size: Unknown
Tumor Grade: Unknown
Receptor Status: Unknown

Postby Mimi2 » 30pm30America/New_York()

Em, I DO believe in miracles. And no, we don't know the answers. Sometimes the answer WE want we don't get. That doesn't mean it wasn't answered.

Em, I believe your testimony says a LOT about you. Yes, we are all human and make boo-boos (NOT BOOBS), but God took care of that when he sent his son to die for us.

I find such peace in listening to Christian music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikK13mDlxJ8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDjNae3ol5A
Ecclesiastes 10:2 (NIV) "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left".
sue_blue
Diagnosed on: 8/29/07
Cancer Stage: Stage III
Node Status: 4/11
Tumor Size: 3cm+1.5cm
Receptor Status: ER/PR+Her-

Postby sue_blue » 30pm30America/New_York()

Praise the Lord, Em! Glad for God working in our lives whether it be body, soul, or spirit.
As Reagan warned... "Should the United States fall there will a thousand years darkness".
Emerald
Site Admin
Diagnosed on: 02/01/2008
Diagnosed With: IDC
Secondary Diagnosis: DCIS
Cancer Stage: Stage I
Node Status: 0/3
Tumor Size: 1.3cm
Receptor Status: ER+/PR+/HER2/Neu++

Postby Emerald » 30pm30America/New_York()

Suz! What an incredible story about your nephew! It's always comforting to know God still in the miracle business!

Mimi - I just love you!

Sue - Me TOO!

::D
"I don't care if my glass is half full or half empty, I am just thankful to have a glass!"
Pat
Diagnosed With: IDC
Cancer Stage: IIA
Node Status: 0/?
Tumor Size: 4cm
Tumor Grade: 3
Receptor Status: ER+/PR+/HER2+

Postby Pat » 30pm30America/New_York()

Em, look at all the lives you've already brought closer to Him as a result of your miracle. I have no doubt that there will be many, many more.
sue_blue
Diagnosed on: 8/29/07
Cancer Stage: Stage III
Node Status: 4/11
Tumor Size: 3cm+1.5cm
Receptor Status: ER/PR+Her-

Postby sue_blue » 02pm31America/New_York()

Praying for a miracle for my 30 yr old son. He found out Friday night he has a congenitally weakened vessel by his brain. The body has been trying to compensate for it, and it's now a mass pushing on his medulla. He's having trouble walking, the right side of his body tingles, he has hiccups and headaches. My beautiful 6'6" son... it's so hard to take in. His beautiful wife, 19 mo old daughter, and 8 mo in the womb baby need this miracle. He sees a neuro surgeon tomorrow to find out IF it's possible to operate due to its location.
Please pray for a miracle, and God to be with them/us every step of the way.

This has helped the rift between Micah and my daughter, Sophia. She texted him yesterday, after not talking to him for two years. My youngest son, James, told Micah he wishes he could take his place. Micah has the three girls needing him, and James said he has nothing to lose.

As we all know, people show their true colors in times like these.
As Reagan warned... "Should the United States fall there will a thousand years darkness".
Mimi2
Forum Moderator
Cancer Stage: Unknown
Node Status: Unknown
Tumor Size: Unknown
Tumor Grade: Unknown
Receptor Status: Unknown

Postby Mimi2 » 02pm31America/New_York()

Sue, my heart goes out to you. I cannot imagine what you and your family is going through. I pray that the surgeon will be able to DO the surgery and your son will be as strong as ever. I pray for good news tomorrow.

I cannot remember the name of one of the gal on BCO, but her signature had "God is Able".

Like I said before, I find peace on Christian music. This was done a long time ago by Wintley Phipps. I love this song.

Like peering through a window blurred with rain,
Emotions run together in a flood of doubt and pain.
We've prayed as best we can,
Now we must leave it in His hands.

Chorus:
Yet, I know when my eyes fail to see, He is able,
And even though it seems impossible to me, He is able.
But if He chooses not to move in the way we prayed He would,
I'm confident He's working all together for my good.
And I will stand behind His word, for He is able.

Questions seem to haunt us night and day.
How could God allow my heart to be torn this way?
Does He listen when I call? Is He even there at all?

Chorus:
Yet, I know when my eyes fail to see, He is able,
And even though it seems impossible to me, He is able.
But if He chooses not to move in the way we prayed He would,
I'm confident He's working all together for my good.
And I will stand behind His word, for He is able.

And as the night gives way to dawning and evaporates away,
I'll stand to face another day.
And I will stand behind His word, for He is able,
He is able, He is able!
Ecclesiastes 10:2 (NIV) "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left".

Return to “Biblical Proportions”