Mets: None
Cancer Stage: Unknown
Node Status: Unknown
Tumor Size: Unknown
Tumor Grade: Unknown
Receptor Status: Unknown

Re: Daily Devotions

Postby Mimi2 » 18pm30America/New_York()

Standing by............................ dd: dd: dd: dd: dd: dd: dd: dd: dd: dd: dd: dd: dd: dd: dd: dd: dd: dd:
Ecclesiastes 10:2 (NIV) "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left".
Mimi2
Forum Moderator

:2L8: :2L8: :2L8: :2L8: :2L8: :2L8: :2L8: :2L8: :2L8: :2L8: :2L8: :2L8: :2L8: :2L8: :2L8: :2L8: :2L8: :2L8:
Ecclesiastes 10:2 (NIV) "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left".
notalibtard
Diagnosed on: 3/09
Diagnosed With: IDC
Cancer Stage: stage II
Tumor Size: 2.5
Tumor Grade: 2
Receptor Status: ER/PR+

Postby notalibtard » 18pm30America/New_York()

I think the devotion may have something to with patience ::D ::D ::D
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Mimi2
Forum Moderator

:corn: :corn: :corn: :corn: :corn: :corn: :corn:

notalib, :popd: :lffn:
Emerald
Site Admin
Diagnosed on: 02/01/2008
Secondary Diagnosis: DCIS
Cancer Stage: Stage I
Node Status: 0/3
Tumor Size: 1.3cm
Tumor Grade: Grade 2
Receptor Status: ER+/PR+/HER2/Neu++

Postby Emerald » 18pm30America/New_York()

I volunteer sometimes at my local animal shelter. One of the things I do is take as many dogs as I can, outside to play in the fenced runs.

One of the ways I have learned to establish myself as "pack leader" is to make sure I enter and exit through doors FIRST and make the dog follow. This lets the dog know "I'm in charge" and they learn to respect the leadership.

Several weeks ago, I was working with a pit bull. If you know anything about this breed, they must be made to submit to authority or they can quickly become aggressive. This was an adult male and strong as ever. He was determined to "pull" me through the door. He thought he should just take off and do his own thing.

But I knew what was best for him and I knew that he was going to have to allow me to lead him to keep him safe. See, what I knew but he didn't, is there were dogs coming and going out of the shelter and one wrong turn could lead to disaster.

What he forgot was that I sought him out, I found him right where is was, and I opened his cage and invited him to follow me. Once he stepped out of that cage, he was my responsibilty and I was not going to let anything happen to him.

Well, he struggled and fought and pulled and resisted because once he was "out of the pit" he wanted to do his own thing. What he didnt know is that once he became "mine" I wasn't going to let him go, no matter how much of a fight he put up.

FINALLY he gave in, relaxed and took his place behind me. This submission allowed me to lead him to his "promised land": a nice large, safe and secure area to run and play.

I allowed him to stuggle, I just didnt allow him to move forward. It was up to him as to how long he wanted to stay where he was--- struggling and getting no where.

Now, if this pit bull could speak, he'd have probably given me excuses like "It's not my fault I was born a pit bull" or "you dont know what I've been through" or "poor me, I'm in a cage"...he might even have said "I have no family or friends, no one wants me or to be around me."

Instead, he put his total trust in me.

How many of us are "pit bulls"?

Christ seeks us out, He comes to the place where we are and gives us an invitation to follow Him. Once we put our faith in Him and accept Him, we become His responsibility and He is going to lead us safely.

We may put up fights and resist and struggle, but He wont allow us to move forward in the life He has for us until we are willing to submit and allow Him to lead us through the dangerous doors of this world.
"I don't care if my glass is half full or half empty, I am just thankful to have a glass!"
Emerald
Site Admin

Postby Emerald » 18pm30America/New_York()

:lffn: Mimi
"I don't care if my glass is half full or half empty, I am just thankful to have a glass!"
Mimi2
Forum Moderator

Postby Mimi2 » 19pm30America/New_York()

Well, it's about time! 8-]

I tried to post earlier, but this websit was screwing up.

Now to the positive....I loved your analogy. :posm: It was very simple and easy for even ME to understand! :bulb: This would be great to teach kids. You did GOOD! >=; And your lesson was sooooooooooo true. :uwink:
Emerald
Site Admin

Postby Emerald » 19pm30America/New_York()

Gosh Golly Mims, your so sweet! But I wont tell anyone, dont worry :shhh: :shhh: :jig:
Emerald
Site Admin

Postby Emerald » 19pm30America/New_York()

Ever believed God "could" but doubted He "would"?

James 1:5-7 "If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him.
But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind. For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord;
8he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways"
(NKJV)

Same verses from "The Message" Bible:

James 1:5-7 "If you don’t know what you’re doing, pray to the Father. He loves to help. You’ll get His help, and won’t be condescended to when you ask for it. Ask boldly, believingly, without a second thought. People who “worry their prayers” are like wind-whipped waves. Don’t think you’re going to get anything from the Master that way."

And "The Living Bible":

James 1:5-7 "If you want to know what God wants you to do, ask Him, and He will gladly tell you, for He is always ready to give a bountiful supply of wisdom to all who ask Him. But when you ask Him, be sure that you really expect Him to tell you, for a doubtful mind will be as unsettled as a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind; and every decision you then make will be uncertain, as you turn first this way, and then that."

I like looking at different versions as it helps me really grasp the full meaning.

Anyway, this group of verses deals with wisdom or guidance, but I know we should approach every prayer, whatever it may be, with the same mindset: God will honor it.

Mark 9 tells of a father whose child was demon possessed. The disciples could not cast them out, so the father went straight to Jesus. Notice what the father of the child asks Jesus for:

Mark 9:19-24 He answered him and said, “O faithless generation, how long shall I be with you? How long shall I bear with you? Bring him to Me.” Then they brought him to Him. And when he saw Him, immediately the spirit convulsed him, and he fell on the ground and wallowed, foaming at the mouth. So He asked his father, “How long has this been happening to him?” And he said, “From childhood. And often he has thrown him both into the fire and into the water to destroy him. But if You can do anything, have compassion on us and help us.” Jesus said to him, “If you can believe, all things are possible to him who believes.” Immediately the father of the child cried out and said with tears, “Lord, I believe; help my unbelief!”

What the child's father was saying is he believed that Christ COULD heal his son, he just had some doubt as to if Christ WOULD heal his son. So he asked for Christ to help him with his doubt also!

The Living Bible says "I do have faith, oh help me to have more."

This scripture in Mark has got to be the one scripture that has helped me the most in the past few years. I have prayed for many things, yet in my spirit I would doubt God would honor. I began to ask Him to help me with my doubts also. And He has and still does. :cool:
Emerald
Site Admin

Postby Emerald » 20pm30America/New_York()

Did you know that an eagle turns to face the wind? He then spreads his wings and allows that force to lift him up. The stronger the wind, the higher he is lifted.

An eagle knows that he can use a force coming against him to rise above it and soar.

Isaiah 40:31 "but those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles."

So, as the forces of this world come against you, turn and face them, use them to rise above and soar.

:bee: :bee: :bee: :kis: :kis: :kis: :kis:
Mimi2
Forum Moderator

Postby Mimi2 » 21pm30America/New_York()

Emerald wrote:Gosh Golly Mims, your so sweet! But I wont tell anyone, dont worry :shhh: :shhh: :jig:

:lffn: :lffn: You really took me seriously!!!!!!??????? :lffn: Well, I was serious. :uwink: Yes, do keep this OUR secret. :shhh: I will deny that I ever said anything remotely nice to you. ^=^
Mimi2
Forum Moderator

Postby Mimi2 » 21pm30America/New_York()

Wow, Em. Do I EVER need to learn to believe what I ask for. When I pray I have a very hard time laying it at Jesus's feet. I spend way too much time worrying instead of believing! :cry:
notalibtard
Diagnosed on: 3/09
Cancer Stage: stage II
Tumor Size: 2.5
Receptor Status: ER/PR+

Postby notalibtard » 24am30America/New_York()

Happy Easter!!!
He who was thought to be dead is Risen Today!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Emerald
Site Admin

Postby Emerald » 24pm30America/New_York()

Our internet has been messed up since Thursday. Thank goodness my DH took the initiative to fix it last nite. :clap:

So here's today's devotion and I encourage you to read it slowly to grasp the magnitude:

Laminin- trimeric proteins (thats 3 in 1...) It is the structural support of all internal organs to cell membranes.

Laminin is vital and necessary for overall body structures to hold together. So it is imperative to understand without laminin we would die.

Now lets look at scientific drawing of laminin:

Laminin Diagram.jpg

Here is an actual slide of laminin:

Laminin slide.jpg

Do you see how amazing this is?? God created man in His image +/- 5000 yrs ago. 1978 yrs ago, Jesus was crucified on a cross. If He hadn't done this, we would all die. But because He did, those who beleive in Him will never die!

This trimeric protein binds our organs - the Cross of Christ binds us to Him

This is no accident nor coincidence. Laminin isnt a result of evolution.

Col 1: 13-20 tells us Christ is God in the flesh; He created all things, visible and invisible; (there were no microscopes back then) in Him all things consist; though His blood shed on the cross, we are no longer bound to darkness or death, but we ar bound to Him.

:jig: :jig: :clap: :clap:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Emerald
Site Admin

Postby Emerald » 27pm30America/New_York()

Building Character

Who we are develops over our entire lives. Good news is, if we don’t like who we are, we can change it! It’s not easy sometimes, but anything worth doing usually takes work. Having a strong, healthy body takes a commitment to exercise and proper eating. Moving up the “corporate ladder” takes discipline, strong work ethics, and dependability. Successful marriage takes undying love, compromise, tolerance, communication. I think you get where I’m going.

So the question then becomes “Do I like who I am?” If the answer is “no” then the next question should be “How do I change?”

If you don’t like who you are, then you have to change your character, which comes from changing your habits:

Romans 8:12-13 So, dear brothers, you have no obligations whatever to your old sinful nature to do what it begs you to do. For if you keep on following it you are lost and will perish, but if through the power of the Holy Spirit you crush it and its evil deeds, you shall live. For all who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God.”

Habits are changed by changing your actions:

1 Thess 4:12 “Let me add this, dear brothers: You already know how to please God in your daily living, for you know the commands we gave you from the Lord Jesus Himself. Now we beg you - yes, we demand of you in the name of the Lord Jesus – that you live more and more closely to that ideal.”

Heb 12:14 says to “Try to stay out of quarrels and seek to live a clean and holy life.”

Gal 5:15 “….don’t be critical and catty. Watch out! Beware of ruining each other.”

Romans 13:13 "Be decent and true in everything you do so that all can approve your behavior. Don’t spend your time at wild parties, drinking, or in adultery, lust, or fighting or jealousy. ”

So to change your actions you have to change your emotions. Emotions are feelings on the inside caused by pain or pleasure with purpose to move us in a certain direction. They can lead us into or out of the will of God.:

Heb 12:15 “Watch out that no bitterness takes root among you, for as it springs up it causes deep trouble, hurting many in their spiritual lives.”

1 John 2:16 “For all these worldly things, these evil desires- the craze for sex, ambitions to buy everything that appeals to you, and the pride that comes from wealth and importance – these are not from God. They are from this evil world itself.

Emotions are changed by changing your thinking:

Psalm 119:15 “I will meditate on Your precepts, and contemplate Your ways.”

Phil 4:8 “Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honorable, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.”

Thinking is only changed by the words you hear, read and speak:

Proverbs 4:23-25 tells us what is in our hearts will come out of our mouths.

Gal 5:16-17 “I advise you to obey only the Holy Spirit’s instructions. He will tell you where to go and what to do, and then you won’t always be doing the wrong things your evil nature wants you to do. For we naturally love to do the evil things that are just the opposite from the things that the Holy Spirit tells us to do; and the good things we want to do when the Spirit has His way with us are just the opposite of our natural desires. These two forces within us are constantly fighting with other to win control over us, and our wishes are never free from their pressures.”

Romans 13:14 “But ask the Lord Jesus Christ to help you live as your should, and don’t make plans to enjoy evil.”

1 John 2:14 “with God’s word in your hearts you have won your struggle against satan.”

So to change who you are, change what you think.

(The above is compilation of notes from teachings by Joyce Meyer and Creflo Dollar. These teachings are helping me so I pray they will help others too. Scriptures from The Living Bible, NKJV and ASV)
Emerald
Site Admin

Postby Emerald » 02pm31America/New_York()

God will allow us to get into circumstances where our only choice is to trust Him.

2 Cor 1:9-10 "We felt like we’d been sent to death row, that it was all over for us. As it turned out, it was the best thing that could have happened. Instead of trusting in our own strength or wits to get out of it, we were forced to trust God totally—not a bad idea since He’s the God who raises the dead! And He did it, rescued us from certain doom. And He’ll do it again, rescuing us as many times as we need rescuing."

Wisdom can be learned through knowledge but is truly gained through costly experience.
Emerald
Site Admin

Postby Emerald » 10pm31America/New_York()

Fear is the #1 cause of aniety and depression if not dealt with asap. God gave us a "flight or fight" instinct for safety reasons. Come up on a snake in the woods, I'm gonna flee as fast as possible. Someone mess with one of my kids and I will fight!

Satan uses fear, however, to scare and weaken us. Fear of a snake can keep me from enjoying a walk in the woods taking in all the beautiful nature God gave us. Some people are so paralyzed by fear they have severely altered lives. They may not leave their home or enter into relationships.

Did you realize there are 150 Psalms that deal with fear? Fear was so agonizing to Christ Jesus that His sweat was like blood! Luke 22:44 "And being in agony, He prayed more earnestly. Then His sweat became like great drops of blood falling down to the ground".

Fear happens, but living in fear doesn't have to. Safety is in Christ so we who call on His name can rest in His promise:

Psalm 91:5-16
"Fear nothing—not in the night, not in the day.
Not disease or disaster.

Even though others succumb all around, drop like flies right and left, no harm will even graze you. You’ll stand untouched, watch it all from a distance.
Because God’s your refuge.
Evil can’t get close to you, harm can’t get through the door.

He ordered His angels to guard you wherever you go.
If you stumble, they’ll catch you; their job is to keep you from falling.
You’ll walk unharmed among lions and snakes.

“If you’ll hold on to Me for dear life,” says God, “I’ll get you out of any trouble.
I’ll give you the best of care if you’ll only get to know and trust Me.

Call Me and I’ll answer, be at your side in bad times; I’ll rescue you, then throw you a party.
(Paraphrased TMSG) Read the whole passage to get the full content.
Emerald
Site Admin

Postby Emerald » 16pm31America/New_York()

Operation Overload

Have you ever started a new workout program or performed some type of physical labor that your body wasn’t used to? If you have, do you remember how sore and even achy you were afterwards?

You may or may not have ever wondered why this happens, but I’m going to tell you anyway because it’s good stuff. Muscles are made up of tiny fibers. When those fibers are overloaded they become broken and damaged. The amount of soreness will be determined by the amount of overload.

However, if you continue working out or laboring, the soreness will go away, you will become stronger and the task at hand becomes easy. Eventually the amount of overload will have to be increased in order for the fibers to continue to breakdown and rebuild. The result is that what was once considered “heavy” or “hard” now has become “light” or “easy”.

1 Cor 15:43-46 our bodies are “… sown in weakness, it is raised in power. It is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body. And so it is written, “The first man Adam became a living being.” The last Adam became a life-giving spirit. However, the spiritual is not first, but the natural, and afterward the spiritual.” (NKJV)

Our spiritual bodies are developed the same way. Every stress, hardship, disappointment, illness, and death breaks us down. But over time, we become stronger and what was once a struggle becomes easy.

Ps 51:17 “The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit, A broken and a contrite heart—These, O God, You will not despise.” (NKJV)

I believe that the stronger we are physically, the stronger we can be spiritually and vice versa. In order to be physically or spiritually strong, we have to be challenged and sometimes broken. The good news is with strength comes endurance.

1 Sam 2:4 “The bows of the mighty men are broken, And those who stumbled are girded with strength.” (NKJV)

During my own times of brokenness are when God has done some of His best work in me. He gives me strength when mine is all gone.

Ps 34:17 – 20 “17Is anyone crying for help? God is listening, ready to rescue you. 18If your heart is broken, you’ll find God right there; if you’re kicked in the gut, He’ll help you catch your breath. 19Disciples so often get into trouble; still, God is there every time. 20He’s your bodyguard, shielding every bone; not even a finger gets broken.” (TMSG)

Most importantly, God will send His people to strengthen us, hold us up when we aren’t capable of holding ourselves up:

Eccl 4:10 – 12 “For if they fall, one will lift up his companion. But woe to him who is alone when he falls, for he has no one to help him up. Again, if two lie down together, they will keep warm; But how can one be warm alone? Though one may be overpowered by another, two can withstand him. And a threefold cord is not quickly broken.”
(NKJV)

God gives His people instructions for how to help others who are weak:

Is 35:3-4 “Strengthen the weak hands, and make firm the feeble knees. Say to those who are fearful-hearted, “Be strong, do not fear! Behold, your God will come with vengeance, With the recompense of God; He will come and save you.” (NKJV)

Then God, Himself, reminds us:

Heb 12:11-12 “Now no chastening seems to be joyful for the present, but painful; nevertheless, afterward it yields the peaceable fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it. 12Therefore strengthen the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees, 13and make straight paths for your feet, so that what is lame may not be dislocated, but rather be healed.” (NKJV)

To be ready, we need to strengthen our selves both physically and spiritually every single day:

1 Cor 9:24 – 27 “You’ve all been to the stadium and seen the athletes race. Everyone runs; one wins. Run to win. All good athletes train hard. They do it for a gold medal that tarnishes and fades. You’re after one that’s gold eternally. I don’t know about you, but I’m running hard for the finish line. I’m giving it everything I’ve got. No sloppy living for me! I’m staying alert and in top condition. I’m not going to get caught napping, telling everyone else all about it and then missing out myself.” (TMSG)

Satan knows all the above also. Why do you think the two hardest things to commit to are exercise and time with God? People join gyms and churches’ all the time, but never attend either one. Or they come and go. He provides an endless supply of “excuses” for not exercising, and “justifications” for not attending church in order to keep us physically and spiritually weak. So be ready and tell him he’s in enough trouble without getting all up in your Kool Aid.
Mimi2
Forum Moderator

Postby Mimi2 » 16pm31America/New_York()

Em, thank you for the time you take doing the devotions. I want you to know it is read and you are not wasting your time. One never knows who reads these devotions.... :uwink:

>=;
NoBlahMa
Forum Moderator
Diagnosed on: Nov 5th, 2004
Diagnosed With: ILC
Cancer Stage: IIIC
Node Status: 9/26
Tumor Size: >8cm
Receptor Status: er/pr+ her2-

Postby NoBlahMa » 17pm31America/New_York()

Yes, thank you Emie. I really needed to read this today. You are a Blessing to me.
Stay close to anything that makes you glad you're alive-14th C poet, Hafez
Emerald
Site Admin

Postby Emerald » 17pm31America/New_York()

Thank you ladies! ::D While I enjoy reading comments, I don't post to get comments. I post because when God teaches me something I just want to share it. I also believe that God will see to it that the right person will read at the right time and I'm not to get caught up in it. :uwink:

Everyone here is a blessing to me, members and guests, posters and non-posters. Thank you!! ::D ::D
RightyHeidi
Forum Moderator
Diagnosed on: July-2005
Secondary Diagnosis: LCIS
Cancer Stage: 2b
Node Status: 1/11
Tumor Size: 4cm
Receptor Status: ER/PR + Neu -

Postby RightyHeidi » 18pm31America/New_York()

As I type this post, my dear friend Kurt (51) is days away from making the transition to the next life (throat cancer-non-smoker dx same time as my bc dx 6 yrs ago). God please bless his soul and comfort those of us who are left behind.

Kurt: you always made me laugh....thank you for being my guy pal for the past 20 years. It was fun being your friend and your creative side kick. Your lovely wife Kelly is waiting for you with open arms in heaven. You two will be one again.

Please pray for Kurt.
"We say keep your change, we'll keep our God, our guns, our constitution." Sarah Palin

"It isn’t so much that liberals are ignorant. It’s just that they know so many things that aren’t so." Ronald Reagan
RightyHeidi
Forum Moderator
Diagnosed on: July-2005
Secondary Diagnosis: LCIS
Cancer Stage: 2b
Node Status: 1/11
Tumor Size: 4cm
Receptor Status: ER/PR + Neu -

Postby RightyHeidi » 18pm31America/New_York()

Oh...and THANKS Auntie Em for your inspirational posts. Much appreciated.
"We say keep your change, we'll keep our God, our guns, our constitution." Sarah Palin

"It isn’t so much that liberals are ignorant. It’s just that they know so many things that aren’t so." Ronald Reagan
Mimi2
Forum Moderator

Postby Mimi2 » 18pm31America/New_York()

Righty, I'm so sorry about your friend. Try to remember the good times. I know that's hard at this difficult time.
Emerald
Site Admin

Re: Devotions

Postby Emerald » 19pm31America/New_York()

Gen 37 - 41

Joseph was thrown into a pit, but God was with him. Sold into slavery, but God was with him. Thrown into prison, but God was with him. God was at work in Joseph's life the whole time. Next thing you know, ole' Joe was brought up to the palace & became the #2 man in all of Egypt.

Moral to this story? Everywhere you've been will play a part in where you're going.

Return to “Biblical Proportions”