Secondary Diagnosis: DCIS
Mets: None
Cancer Stage: Stage I
Node Status: 0/3
Tumor Size: 1.3cm
Tumor Grade: Grade 2
Receptor Status: ER+/PR+/HER2/Neu++

Ali the Cab Driver

Postby Emerald » 24pm31America/New_York()

Part 1:

May 2010, my mother and I were in Milwaukee, WI. I have been reading a book called “People Sharing Jesus” and learning so many ways to share Christ both verbal and non-verbal. I was armed and “on the prowl”. :jig:

One afternoon we got the coolest cab driver name "Ali". Remembering one of the methods to opening up an opportunity to share was to just ask questions such as “where are you from” or “where do you work” and such, I began a general “ask and answer” dialog with “my new found guinea pig” ::D . I learned he was from Somalia, has been driving cabs all his life, and that he used to drive Christian missionaries around in Somalia.

So, putting my newly acquired knowledge to work, I inquired excitedly “Are you a Christian?!?” But, the answer was “no, I am Muslim.” Which I already figured beings he was wearing the little hat, cap thingy Muslims wear…… He was just so precious and I know God is calling him. I could just fill the Holy Spirit around him!

We made arrangements for him to pick us up the next morning, 10:00am, to take us to the airport. I just knew God was using me to share Jesus is some way.

That night, Ali weighed heavy on my mind. So I spent much time praying, asking God to use me to reach Ali.

10:00am sharp, there sat Ali right in front of our hotel, big smile on his sweet face. I was excited too because God had made it VERY clear to me earlier this morning EXACTLY what I was suppose to do and I couldn't WAIT to do it.

Our church had an evangelist come and speak, who was born and raised Muslim, now a christian. I happened to have both of his sermons on a website of mine, and God had laid it on my heart to give Ali the link to them. So, I wrote it down to give to him.

The ride was fairly quiet, not a lot to say other than general "chit chat". When we got to the airport, luggage unloaded, tab paid, I turned around to Ali and said "I want you to do something and I want you to promise you will." He said "Sure, what is it?"

I gave him the card and said "please go to this page where you will find two links." I explained who Emir was and asked him to "please listen". Ali said to me "I will do it I promise. I am going to go do it as soon as I leave here."

I told him we would be back in a month or so and that I am keeping his cell number b/c I want to use his services again. He just smiled and said "Please do, I will take good care of you."

I went to my web server that afternoon and saw where someone with an iphone did go to that link- Ali had an iphone!! :woop: >=;
"I don't care if my glass is half full or half empty, I am just thankful to have a glass!"
Emerald
Site Admin
Diagnosed on: 02/01/2008
Diagnosed With: IDC

Re: Ali the Cab Driver

Postby Emerald » 24pm31America/New_York()

Part 2:

Before returning to Milwaukee in July, I emailed Emir Caner to ask for advice. He suggested I get Ali a NKJV Bible and include a note for him to read the Book Of John and another publication called "The Costly Call".

I called Ali about 2 weeks ahead of time to give him our travel schedule. He couldnt pick us up at the airport but could take us back when it was time to leave.

I had no idea how or exactly when God wanted me to give Ali the gifts, but I felt like I needed to not just "hand" them to him, so I put them into a gift bag. I also included a copy of the cd's from Emir's messages, in case Ali wasn't able to listen to them online.

The day before our return flight from Milwaukee, we confirmed with Ali our ride to the airport.

Spending as much of my conscious moments as I had while on the dramatic effects of high-powered pain meds... :angl: ......I prayed for God's guidance, direction, words and for Him to keep ME out of the whole thing!

Fast-forward to the airport, as Ali and Mark were getting luggage out of the car, God laid it on my heart to NOT hand Ali the gift bag, but to put it in the front passenger seat. So I did.

As we said our good buys, I gave Ali a little hug and whispered to him that the gift left is for him, and not something I accidently left behind. He thanked me and we were all off on to our next travels.

I have had such a peace about the whole thing. Every now and then, Ali flashes through my mind and I will momentarily ponder if he read or listened to any of the contents. Then God reminds me, that this is HIS deal and NOT mine, so I pray for Ali and his family (rather large come to find out he has 6 children!!!) to come to know the truth. :||

A couple of weeks later Olivia brought up Ali. She said "What if Ali threw all that stuff in a dumpster or left it somewhere?" I said to her "that is between him and God, and God has assured me that it is none of my concern unless He chooses to let me know."

:kis:
"I don't care if my glass is half full or half empty, I am just thankful to have a glass!"
Mimi2
Forum Moderator
Cancer Stage: Unknown
Node Status: Unknown
Tumor Size: Unknown
Tumor Grade: Unknown
Receptor Status: Unknown

Postby Mimi2 » 25am31America/New_York()

Awwwww, Em, I loved it. Why do you come across so sweet. :angl: :kis: We all know better. :D

It would be nice if you could hear from Ali. But, like you said, it's out of your hands. I hate when that happens! dd:
Ecclesiastes 10:2 (NIV) "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left".
notalibtard
Diagnosed on: 3/09
Cancer Stage: stage II
Tumor Size: 2.5
Tumor Grade: 2
Receptor Status: ER/PR+

Postby notalibtard » 25am31America/New_York()

What a great work to do. You are truely a servant for the Lord :hapy: :hapy: :hapy:

Sometimes it is difficult to plant the seeds, and not be there for the harvest. You are so right, we do our task, and then it is between them and the Lord. :fsh: :fsh:
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
NoBlahMa
Forum Moderator
Diagnosed on: Nov 5th, 2004
Diagnosed With: ILC
Cancer Stage: IIIC
Node Status: 9/26
Tumor Size: >8cm
Receptor Status: er/pr+ her2-

Postby NoBlahMa » 25pm31America/New_York()

Emie, what a sweet story. Yes, it is hard to sow the seeds and not know the outcome. I believe that is where faith comes in. We are to be fisher of men and sower of seeds. And then we trust the Holy Spirit to take it from there. You done good! :woop: :woop: >=;
Stay close to anything that makes you glad you're alive-14th C poet, Hafez
VoiceOfReason
Diagnosed With: DCIS
Cancer Stage: 1
Tumor Grade: 3
Receptor Status: ER-, PR-. HER +++

Postby VoiceOfReason » 25pm31America/New_York()

You continue to amaze me sweet Karen :lve: >=;

If you want to spend a bit more time with Ali, you could have him bring you to my home for a visit :drvn:
Make America [color=#0040FF]GREAT AGAIN !!![/color]
Emerald
Site Admin

Postby Emerald » 25pm31America/New_York()

Oh Shirley, you're just hurt cuz I make you stay out in the trees. :boo:

I think God puts people in our paths knowing they most likely will not cross again, on purpose. He knows it would be too tempting to take credit for and even boast about those whose life we may impact positively. Then it becomes "I did this" and "I did that".

This way, WHEN (not "if" :D ) Ali becomes a Christian, he will know it was God talking to him, not some person talking him INTO something. :blink:

Thank you all for taking the time to read my little story :kis:

Voice: There are no plans to return to Wis BUT if I do, Im coming to eat all your food :corn: , make a big mess :bday: , and leave without saying "thanks" :drvn:
Mimi2
Forum Moderator

Postby Mimi2 » 25pm31America/New_York()

I WANT YOUR DOG! SHE LOOKS LIKE MINE, BUT A DIFFERENT COLOR! :waa:
Ecclesiastes 10:2 (NIV) "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left".
Emerald
Site Admin

Postby Emerald » 26am31America/New_York()

Well, why dont you get another one? I can "hook" you up w/breeder :ncog:
Mimi2
Forum Moderator

Postby Mimi2 » 26am31America/New_York()

We have three cats. I think that's enough to worry about. My baby came from a couple who were not dog breeders. I went to their house and there she was. So, so cute! She was 16 when we had to put her to sleep. ((| I was going through rads at the time. That was back in 2005. I have her ashes on my mantle. If I get cremated I want her ashes and my cat's ashes mixed in my ashes. Sound weird?
Emerald
Site Admin

Postby Emerald » 26am31America/New_York()

Not for you it doesnt.... :lffn:
Mimi2
Forum Moderator

Postby Mimi2 » 26pm31America/New_York()

Well, you told us that our pets go to heaven! :o{ I plan to go to heaven! :angl:
sue_blue
Diagnosed on: 8/29/07
Cancer Stage: Stage III
Node Status: 4/11
Tumor Size: 3cm+1.5cm
Receptor Status: ER/PR+Her-

Postby sue_blue » 26pm31America/New_York()

We watched "Marley and Me" last night with the gks. It was a sweet movie. I had my dog come and lay by me halfway through. Made me appreciate my Tasha more that I already do. I fully expect all my past pets to greet me in heaven.
As Reagan warned... "Should the United States fall there will a thousand years darkness".
Mimi2
Forum Moderator

Postby Mimi2 » 26pm31America/New_York()

sue_blue, my baby dog's name was Tasha. I miss her. She was a Mama's baby. And she was such a sweetheart.
NoBlahMa
Forum Moderator
Diagnosed on: Nov 5th, 2004
Cancer Stage: IIIC
Node Status: 9/26
Tumor Size: >8cm
Receptor Status: er/pr+ her2-

Postby NoBlahMa » 26pm31America/New_York()

God tells us that we will have absolute happiness with no sadness in Heaven. I believe we will be reunited with our pets and all of our family. I'm really looking forward to see my pets again! ::D

We had a border collie for 19 years. We had to put her down in August of 2009. She had terrible dementia. She would forget where her food and water bowls were and could never find her way back to the door when we would put her out to potty. She would get confused and just sit and cry. It about broke my heart. I'm counting on her being there to greet me, tail wagging and that goofy look she would get on her face.

I also had a cat named Tinkerbell who I got as a child at age five. She died of a stroke when I was 31. Losing a cat after 26 years was sooooo hard. She grew up with me, went to college with me, chose my boyfriends for me, and was there when both of my kids were born. She will be in Heaven waiting for me too.
Stay close to anything that makes you glad you're alive-14th C poet, Hafez
Emerald
Site Admin

Postby Emerald » 26pm31America/New_York()

WOW!! A dog that lived 19 yrs :pup: and a cat that lived 26 yrs! :kitty: My daughter said "Where does she live? We need to move there so ours will live that long" :angl:

I know what you mean about having one grow-up with you. I got my very first "house" dog for my 10th b-day :bday: and she lived through my elementary school, high school, college, marriage and my first child's birth. I had to put her to sleep on New Years Eve 1989. My son was 3 months old. I couldnt take her, my mom an hour to my house to take her for me. I stood at the door holding Drew balling my eyes out! :waha: :waa: :waa: I cried for weeks. Took me very long time to move on to another puppy dog.

Her name was Prissy. I know her and Gretel are playing together now. Along with Fluffy, Blacky, Peanut, Keisha, Sasha, Clyde, Rusty, 2 birds named Tweety (original I know :-} ) and two kitties named Penny (loved the name.... :shhh: ) and other pets I cant remember. :daisy: :dnce:

Return to “Biblical Proportions”