Forum Moderator
Diagnosed With: IDC
Cancer Stage: I
Node Status: 0/2
Tumor Size: 1.7
Tumor Grade: 2-3
Receptor Status: er/pr/her2+++

God

Postby GingerSnap » 31pm31America/New_York()

I am just starting a thread about God .. God the Father. I think it would be good to explore his promises, his nature, his feelings towards us, etc .. whatever we want to talk about with regards to God.

First topic:
Everything he has made pretty in its time. Even time indefinite he has put in their heart, that mankind may never find out the work that the [true] God has made from the start to the finish. — Ecclesiastes 3:11

See God has planted the desire to live forever in our hearts. He has planted deep in our heart -- eternity. When you plant something you dig a hole, you put dirt around it. Then before the plant can grow, you water it, fertilize it and even prune the plant!!

So, God planted it but who is watering, who is fertilizing and pruning?? Are we going to Church? Are we reading His Word? Are we eliminating dead ideas out of our lives? Are we making sure our roots are growing deeper?

See, God gave us the desire to live forever and if we lived forever, we'd never even finish knowing all the things that God has done!! Our brains have the capacity to keep increasing in knowledge. Wouldn't He be a cruel God if He planted this desire in us and then didn't give us a way to actually fulfill this desire??? Certainly we can see that He is a loving God and we do have a Way to fulfill that desire!
PRASS MEDUSA PRASS MEDUSA
GingerSnap
Forum Moderator

Re: God

Postby GingerSnap » 05pm31America/New_York()

God IS ON THE FREEWAY

Today, I was driving to the doctor's office. It took me 20 minutes to get on the freeway. After I got on the freeway, I was driving along, admiring the trees and sky and thought about God.

Then, I looked at all the cars. Thought about all the people in the cars. Thought about the reasons most people are in their cars ..... LOVE ....... they are on their way to work for their families, for the food and housing, for the birthdays and vacations, the xmas's and the pet food.

Granted there are some bad people here and there. But for the most part, it's people who love their family driving in the horrendous traffic, early in the morning, a long distance. They drive far so their families have a home in a nice area.

I started to cry when I felt all the love around me.

God is love. God is on the freeway.

---GingerSnap :)
VoiceOfReason
Diagnosed With: DCIS
Mets: None
Cancer Stage: 1
Node Status: 0/3
Tumor Grade: 3
Receptor Status: ER-, PR-. HER +++

Postby VoiceOfReason » 06am31America/New_York()

WOW !!

What a great way to look at being stuck in rush hour !!

Very admirable, Ginger
Make America [color=#0040FF]GREAT AGAIN !!![/color]
GingerSnap
Forum Moderator

Postby GingerSnap » 06am31America/New_York()

Aw thanks, Daisy. You know, I cried another time when my dd and I left the house at 5:30am and were driving against traffic. There was like a huge wave of cars, we were going up the grade and the cars coming down .. lights blaring. I remember thinking, "it's 5:30am and look at all these poor people inching along to drive to LA or Orange County, living out here where they can afford but have to commute." ......... then I just started to tear up thinking about how much parents love their children.
VoiceOfReason
Diagnosed With: DCIS
Mets: None
Cancer Stage: 1
Node Status: 0/3
Tumor Grade: 3
Receptor Status: ER-, PR-. HER +++

Postby VoiceOfReason » 07pm31America/New_York()

Hopefully my teenagers will figure that out someday !! Actually they are early 20's, but it is easier to say teens, that is how they act.
Make America [color=#0040FF]GREAT AGAIN !!![/color]

Return to “Biblical Proportions”