Secondary Diagnosis: DCIS
Mets: None
Cancer Stage: Stage I
Node Status: 0/3
Tumor Size: 1.3cm
Tumor Grade: Grade 2
Receptor Status: ER+/PR+/HER2/Neu++

Revelation Bible Study

Postby Emerald » 05am31America/New_York()

One of the most discussed topics is "when does the rapture take place." The Bible never uses the word "rapture" and it certainly doesn't just say out right "the rapture will happen....." But I do believe that God tells us when it will happen through many scriptures. Read and lets talk about what God reveals to us all with His word!

My pastor did a four week series and it was incredible. I have his sermons on CD and got his permission to upload them to my http://www.survivorbiblestudy.com/Revelations.html website.

Here are the notes I took of the sermon. Please look them all up, if you would like, listen to his sermon at the link above (if you have any problems with security let me know I can help with that).
**Disclaimer** Unless I am actually QUOTING exact scriptures from the Bible, MY written word is MY OPINION. God speaks to EVERYONE differently, so you may get something totally different, which is what makes this soooo interesting.**

"The Glorious Rapture Of The Church"

Reference: Rev. 4:1-2, 1Thes. 4:16-18, 1 Cor. 15:52

Rev 4:1-2 "After these things I looked, and behold, a door standing open heaven. And the first voice which I heard was like a trumpet speaking with me saying, "Come up here, and I will show you things which must take place after this. Immediately I was in the Spirit: and behold, a throne set in Heaven, and One sat on the throne." NKJV

1. The open door in Heaven: God opens this door, not man.

A: There is an open door for evangelism and missions (Rev 3:8)

B: There is an open door of the human heart (Rev 3:20)

C: There is the door of Revelation (Rev 4:1)

1 Thes 4:16-18 "For the Lord Himself shall descend from Heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. Therefore comfort one another with these words." NKJV

2. The commanding voice from Heaven

3. The call to come to Heaven

1 Cor 15:52 "in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed." NKJV

4. The immediate transformation in the spirit to heaven.

5. Reasons we will be raptured to Heaven:

A: Because we are in Christ and the tribulation will be a great wrath of judgment (Ezekiel & Isaiah) except for those of us who are justified in Christ.

B: Because of the biblical pattern of others: Enoch, Elijah, Noah and Lot.

C: Because the church is not mentioned in the tribulation period

D: God always warned His church before something happens.

E: Why would Jesus "beat us up", then take us to Heaven? He wouldn't or He wouldn't have died for us!

1 Thes. 5:9 "For God did not appoint us to wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord, Jesus Christ" NKJV

http://www.survivorbiblestudy.com/Revelations.html If you will just take the time to listen, I promise you will find it so incredibly interesting. Until then, what do you think about the timing of the rapture?
"I don't care if my glass is half full or half empty, I am just thankful to have a glass!"
bb67
Diagnosed on: 02/12/2006
Diagnosed With: IDC
Mets: extensive bone mets at original dx
Cancer Stage: IV
Node Status: 24/27+
Tumor Size: 5-6 cm
Tumor Grade: 2
Receptor Status: ER+/PR-/HER2-

Re: Revelations Bible Study

Postby bb67 » 06pm31America/New_York()

I was raised in a church that did not embrace the concept of the Rapture. I hadn't even heard about it until I was married 20 years ago (into a Southern Baptist family). It's been a confusing subject for me! The best I can do is prepare myself for the Lord's return because it can happen at any time. There is a message board I visit sometimes (bibleforums.org) where there are often debates about the end times and the Rapture. I had no idea there were so many different opinions out there!

I do think sometimes that we are seeing things in the world today that align with what is told to us in the book of Revelations. Then I get confused because I think, "Well, shouldn't we be raptured already if xxxx is happening?"

I'm glad you started this thread and look forward to future posts. I hope I can keep up!

(((HUGS)))
Diane
kmccraw423

Postby kmccraw423 » 07am31America/New_York()

It might just be semantics - but is the 'rapture' the same as the 'second coming of Christ in all his glory?"
Emerald
Site Admin
Diagnosed on: 02/01/2008

Postby Emerald » 07pm31America/New_York()

HI!!!!!! BB and kmc!! Thanks for "showing up" here! :D I hope you guys will keep coming here and at least reading, but hopefully posting!

kmc your question is an excellent one! I am going to share my understanding of the "Rapture" and "The Second Coming" as they are two seperate events.

The Rapture is Christ calling up all believers to Heaven so that we protected from the Tribulation. Those who remain will have to go through the Tribulation. The Bible states that those who remain will be changed (prob scared out of thier minds) and that many will then believe in Jesus Christ and will accept Him as their Lord and Savior. The good news for them is that they will then be guaranteed life everlasting with Christ. The bad news for them, is they will be here for all the wrath and destruction and many will die because they accepted Christ.

The Second Coming of Christ takes place AFTER the Tribulation. Revelations 19 & 20 tell of the second coming and Rev 20: 1 - 10 tell of how all believers in Christ will reign with Him for 1000 yrs before the "Great White Throne of Judgement."

This 4 part series gets into the details of all I have mentioned. These things I do truly believe will come to pass exactly as John tells it.

One thing I know for sure is if I live my life believing in Christ and believing the Bible is God's word, I have nothing to lose. If I die and none of it was true, there is no consequence.

BUT if I live my life NOT believing in Christ and I don't study God's word to know Him better I have everything to lose. I would die, see that it was all true, and be condemned to He!!.

I'll take my chances with Christ Jesus. :D
"I don't care if my glass is half full or half empty, I am just thankful to have a glass!"
lexi

Postby lexi » 07pm31America/New_York()

Boy, I do believe that no one knows the time or day that Christ will return. I often remind myself as well as my family and friends, to make sure that their heart is right with Jesus. At times I have wished that He would come and then I am fearful because I wonder what if I am left behind? Yikes!

With the world today and the things that are happening, I truly do believe that it has already been pretty much laid out in the bible. The last days and such. However, I don't know how long a "day" lasted in biblical times. :D

Lexi
Mimi2
Forum Moderator
Cancer Stage: Unknown
Node Status: Unknown
Tumor Size: Unknown
Tumor Grade: Unknown
Receptor Status: Unknown

Postby Mimi2 » 07pm31America/New_York()

Thanks for starting this, Em. My dd and her dh are studying this in Sunday School. She was raised a S. Baptist and is now going to a Presbyterian Church. It sounds like a good one.

If you don't mind may I share some of this with her. I think it would make her understand more. Revelation can be quite hard to "get."
Ecclesiastes 10:2 (NIV) "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left".
Emerald
Site Admin

Postby Emerald » 08pm31America/New_York()

Mimi, of course I don't mind! And if she wants to "chime in" that would be great! :D
Mimi2
Forum Moderator

Postby Mimi2 » 08pm31America/New_York()

Thanks, Em.

Did you hear about that horrible shooting in a S. Baptist Church in Illinois? The pastor was killed. A guy came in just shooting. It was the early service. The pastor "grew" this church from 30+ members to over 1200. He had been their pastor for 20 years. I know his congregation is heartbroken.
Ecclesiastes 10:2 (NIV) "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left".
Emerald
Site Admin

Postby Emerald » 11pm31America/New_York()

I did hear about that. It was terrible! I just am amazed at just how much meaner the world gets every day.

In January, a local youth minister was killed by a young couple he had picked up hitch hiking. A man and a woman, both early 20's - on his way home from church on a Sunday night, probably didnt think danger being a young woman too----women are getting meaner by the day
Mimi2
Forum Moderator

Postby Mimi2 » 11pm31America/New_York()

Yep, and women are child molesters and they should be put in prison!

Then there was that horrible shooting I believe in your neck of the woods, Georgia. That was so sad. A baby of 18 months old being held by her mommy..both of them shot dead. The four month old is still living after several surgeries...and others were killed too. The man killed his mom's four dogs and killed her and set her house on fire. The family with the babies...their daddy is a sherriff's deputy. I can't imagine how this man is handling losing his young family.
cheri
Diagnosed on: Nov. '05
Cancer Stage: Stage 11B
Node Status: 3/11
Tumor Size: 1 cm
Receptor Status: ER/PR+ HER-
My Bio: Lumpectomy, Breast Reduction, TAC Chemo, 35 Rads, Arimidex

Postby cheri » 12am31America/New_York()

Well. I just don't know where to start. The paragraph above about the Tribulation has me completely confused...actually the whole Bible has always been a little scary to me. My fear is that I've been believing in a God that I have 'made up' in my mind to suit me. He isn't strict and punishing, He wouldn't scare people out of their minds to make them believe in Him. He is forgiving, understanding and kind. He is my best friend that loves me and accepts me unconditionally. He's a wonderful listener and doesn't repeat my secrets. He has class. I know that He's real..I'm just not sure I want to know anything but nice things about Him. It's unpleasant to think of Him as being rigid and have such a strict set of rules...I don't mean the Commandments. I was baptized in the Christian Church but have attended several different ones...none of them fit...I'm not blind, it's undoubtedly me that doesn't fit. Seems like I've taken a little bit of different beliefs and religeons and combined them together to make it the way I want Him to be. Sticking my head in the sand? No doubt. I don't want to think of fire and brimstone and horrible things He is capable of doing to non belivers because my God just isn't that way...He is more mellow. Instead of being scared of Him when I know I've done wrong, it's more a matter of my feeling bad cos I know I've let Him down. I Want to please Him...not Have to please Him. Still, I must be interested in what the Bible says or I wouldn't be here on this thread.

I have a personal policy of not discussing politics or religeon because both are such passionate topics..but what I think politically is not going to make or break me like religeon. I want to Know who He is..no I don't...yes I do..that type of thing. Talk about your 'Biblically challenged' that would be me.
Cheri
Emerald
Site Admin

Postby Emerald » 12pm31America/New_York()

Cheri you may or may not be "biblically challenged" but you ARE human! Every single thing your thinking is 100% normal. EVERYBODY either feels that way, has felt that way, or will fell that way at some point.

Non-believers either take out of context the wrath of God, or the idea of it scares them away. Which is such a shame, because our God loves us, He gave EVEYTHING for us, and does NOT desire to condemn us.

Our God is our Father, The Father of the whole universe. He gives everyone every chance in the world to come to know Him, love Him, and accept Him as savior. If people choose to ignore Him, deny Him, or blasphemy Him, what else it there for Him to do, other than follow through with all His promises of eternal He!!.

I all of the people who do ignore, deny, or blasphemy could still just "trot" on in to Heaven, then what motivation would any of us have to come to know and totally give our lives to Him. There would be no consequence for sin, so there would have been absolutely no reason to nail Jesus to the cross.

All of these things are WHY my heart stays so burdened for those who dont know Jesus, because God has upheld His promises all through out the Bible, and He will continue to do so, meaning those who CHOOSE to "miss the boat" are choosing a life in the lake of fire, eternal He!!.

This thought should way heavy on believers hearts so that we are out there, bringing to gospel to all, and praying for all, especially for the salvation of all.

I pray that you will infact continue coming to this thread. I pray you will open your Bible and develop a closer relationship with Jesus Christ. Because that relationship is the most comforting one there is. It gives you an undeniable sense of peace that cant be explained and cant be taken away.
cheri

Postby cheri » 12pm31America/New_York()

Thank you, Emerald. I will be back and I will blow the dust off my Bible. I especially appreciate what you said in the first paragraph. I thought I was the only one who felt that way.
Cheri
Emerald
Site Admin

Postby Emerald » 13pm31America/New_York()

Well, you just bring it on, I am ready whenever you are! There are a couple of ladies at bc.org who are really challenging me and I love it.

But another thing I want to emphasize. Unless I am directly quoting a verse in the Bible, you will need to know it is MY understanding. I tell people all the time, that God speaks to each and everyone of us differently. What I get out of a verse, you may see a totally diff message yet, both be hearing God. So I love to offer my "opinion" and my understanding, but I never want to portray an "I got the answers" attitude.

One thing I know for 100%%% is God DOES have the answers. If I can help you find those answers in His word, then that is what I want to do.

Love ya!
cheri

Postby cheri » 14am31America/New_York()

I've read this several times and I don't understand, it's crossed my mind that it's a typo. It's in the description of the Tribulation:

The good news for them is that they will then be guaranteed life everlasting with Christ. The bad news for them, is they will be here for all the wrath and destruction and many will die because they accepted Christ.

I feel stupid for asking this but then...when it comes to this topic I will appear that way a whole lot! Question is, why will they die because they accepted Christ..and if they DO die, since they have accepted Him won't they go to Heaven because it says they have been guaranteed life everlasting with Christ, and he's in Heaven? Plus, after the Triblulation who is going to be left here for the Second Coming? As you can tell I know nothing about the Tribulation...at all. I mean, it sounds like you're describing two judgement days.
Cheri
Chemosabi

Postby Chemosabi » 14am31America/New_York()

Last edited by Chemosabi on 18am31America/New_York(), edited 1 time in total.
dbad_123

Postby dbad_123 » 14am31America/New_York()

Cheri, many in Christ will die for Him during the tribulation because the AntiChrist will persecute them. Just as many missionaires today and in the past risked their lives to witness to the lost, so it will be during the tribulation.

An excellent series to read is \'The Left Behind\' series written by Tim LaHaye and B. Jenkins. This series is a fictionionalize story that shows what the tribulation could look like for believers.

There will be people who accept Christ as their Savior during the tribulation. Even though their souls are safely hidden in the blood of Christ, they will still be subject to the physical dangers of the judgments God will reign down on the world that has rejected His free gift of salvation through the blood of Christ. Those who die in Christ during this time will be with him in heaven awaiting the glorious appearing and will come with him at the end of the tribulation to set up God\'s millenium kingdom. They will be recognized as martyrs.

The tribulation will be God\'s last attempt to bring his children back to Him. While the judgments may seem like a harsh thing for a loving God to do, just consider how we love our children by slapping their hands to teach them that a stove is hot or spank them when they run into the street to teach them the dangers of cars.
cheri

Postby cheri » 14am31America/New_York()

dbad, thank you for trying to explain things, it still seems to me that if people accept Christ in the Tribulation that dying would be a good thing. I mean, if they die they go be with Him in Heaven and they don't have to suffer any longer down here...so why wouldn't it be a relief?

Emerald, your thoughts on this?
Cheri
Emerald
Site Admin

Postby Emerald » 14pm31America/New_York()

Hi Cheri, sorry, I just now saw your questions. And they are verfy good questions to. bb67 gave excellent explanation of the christians who die during tribulation and why so no need for me to repeat her.

cheri wrote:dbad, thank you for trying to explain things, it still seems to me that if people accept Christ in the Tribulation that dying would be a good thing. I mean, if they die they go be with Him in Heaven and they don't have to suffer any longer down here...so why wouldn't it be a relief?

Emerald, your thoughts on this?

When a Christian dies, they are with Christ. So the only people who are sad are the ones left here. The cool thing is when I was dx'd I wasnt afraid. I win either way. BUT I certainly dont want to leave my family and friends.

Same is true for those who come to know Christ during the tribulation. It will be GREAT that they are guaranteed eternal life, that if they die before the 2nd coming, they will be with Christ immediately too. It is how they may day that is scary. Revelations indicates that many will be persecuted for their faith. They may starve to death b/c they cannot buy food w/o the mark of the beast, they will be hunted down by the army of the anti-christ, much like the Jews were during the Holocaust.

You are absolutely right they will no longer suffer, and the bible says that they will know this and will be willing to die by the hands of the enemy, to be with Christ, rather than live on earth and be forever seperated from Christ.
GingerSnap
Forum Moderator
Cancer Stage: I
Node Status: 0/2
Tumor Size: 1.7
Tumor Grade: 2-3
Receptor Status: er/pr/her2+++

Postby GingerSnap » 15am31America/New_York()

Did I tell you that my daughter is fighting to have the bible on her lap and read it instead of me reading it to her???!!!
Time for her to graduate to a real bible instead of her many children's bibles.
PRASS MEDUSA PRASS MEDUSA
cheri

Postby cheri » 15am31America/New_York()

Ginger, sounds like your little girls Bibles are just the ticket for me! I thought I wasn't intelligent enough to discuss politics...I find the same to be true with religion! lol
Cheri
Emerald
Site Admin

Postby Emerald » 15pm31America/New_York()

When it comes to religion, I dont know that any of us are "smart" enough. LOL

Ginger, the best FREE Bible for your laptop that I have found is at http://www.eveningdew.com. You can download the KJV and it will come with Easton's Bible Dictionary, several topical bibles, a names dictionary, just a whole bunch of good stuff in the "Reference" tab.

Plus, did I mention it is FREE? :smug: :uwink:
GingerSnap
Forum Moderator
Cancer Stage: I
Node Status: 0/2
Tumor Size: 1.7
Tumor Grade: 2-3
Receptor Status: er/pr/her2+++

Postby GingerSnap » 03am30America/New_York()

Cheri, she uses our regular home Bible.
PRASS MEDUSA PRASS MEDUSA
VoiceOfReason
Diagnosed With: DCIS
Cancer Stage: 1
Tumor Grade: 3
Receptor Status: ER-, PR-. HER +++

Postby VoiceOfReason » 09am30America/New_York()

Ginger - that is really neat !! You are a great mom.

Don't we have to more than "just believe"? Like keeping the commandments? Keeping the Lord's Day Holy? Meaning actually going to church every week that we possibly can? not just when convenient as so many seem do to.

I don't understand the second coming. When we die, to we go heaven? I guess I should say, are we judged then. Or according to Revelations on Judgment Day do we rise up from the grave?
Make America [color=#0040FF]GREAT AGAIN !!![/color]
Emerald
Site Admin

Postby Emerald » 09pm30America/New_York()

Daisy, such GREAT questions! Let's take a look at what the scriptures tell us:

John 1:12 "But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name."

Romans 1:16 "For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek."

Romans 10:9 - 11 "that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your hearts that God has rasied Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart of one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For the Scripture says 'Whoever believes on Him wil not be put to shame.'

Romans 10:13 "For whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved."

Ephesians 2:8 - 9 "For by grace you have been saved through faith, and not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast."

We who believe in Jesus have been saved by grace, which is the source of salvation. There is nothing we can do to "earn" it. The last part of the above verse "lest anyone should boast" is a great example of how we humans tend to behave when we do something good. We want others to know and that is boasting.

So if going to church, keeping the commandments, doing good deeds, etc were required to get into Heaven, there would be no need for Jesus to have suffered on the cross for our sins. It is impossible to keep all the commandments, no matter how hard we try. "Coveting" is the number one hardest to NOT break. It is our nature to want what others have.

Since God knew that is how we would be, He already had a solution in place- Jesus Christ.

Now with regards to going to church, God desires a relationship with us and His word tells us we are to "gather" in His name. We should WANT to go to church, and not to be seen by others, but to gather with other believers, which will absolutely encourage our private relationship with Christ.

The more we are surrounded by God's people, the more apt we are to be Christ-like in our thoughts and actions.

Church attendance is also going to be related to what doctrine the church teaches. Revelations lays out very clearly the 7 types of churches and the consequences of attending a church that waivers from the Word of God, or changes the doctrine of God's Word such as the "church in Pergamos" (Rev. 2:14 - 16) and the "church in Thyatira" (Rev 2: 19 - 23)

I hope this helps!

Return to “Biblical Proportions”