VoiceOfReason
Diagnosed With: DCIS
Mets: None
Cancer Stage: 1
Node Status: 0/3
Tumor Grade: 3
Receptor Status: ER-, PR-. HER +++

acia BERRY

Postby VoiceOfReason » 16am31America/New_York()

Had anyone tried Acia berry supplements to lose weight? There is SO much information on the internet.
I need to get my BMI down to 21-23 % , according to Dr. I don't even know if that is possible.
I am not very active - weather and spacey from pain pills and I have gained weight.
I know in the summer that it will be easier for me to loose, but I was thinking that it might be nice to "jump start" with the Acia supplement
Make America [color=#0040FF]GREAT AGAIN !!![/color]
Nana
Diagnosed on: Aug. 19,2005
Diagnosed With: IDC
Cancer Stage: Stage II
Node Status: None
Tumor Size: 3.5 cm
Tumor Grade: Grade 2
Receptor Status: ER/PR + Her2neg

Re: acia BERRY

Postby Nana » 16pm31America/New_York()

I haven't. I am trying to simply write down what I eat - every bite. It is not hard more annoying than anything. I worked for an internist one time who said - you can never loose weight if you don't cut back on calories.

I really think that is true - loosing weight is just hard and you have to have some form of exercise with it too.
Rosemary44
Forum Moderator

Postby Rosemary44 » 18pm30America/New_York()

There's one way to find out...they're offering a month worth of pills for the price of shipping, or something like that. I just noticed it today.

http://www.health6news.com/health/n/?t2 ... edaily.com

The news reporter tried it with skepticism and she lost weight. I was thinking of giving it a try. But I have found out the hard way that you have to read even the smallest of small print. It might not be as free as we think it is. Question the company thoroughly about what charges you'll be seeing if you do decide to go with what is said to be free and yet might not be.

Even if you don't lose, they're supposedly a high antioxidant source and if that is true, then that's a plus.

One other thing, is there really a Julia Miller of News 6? Where is news 6? This might be the latest fad in false advertising. As you can see I'm really skeptical.
VoiceOfReason
Cancer Stage: 1
Node Status: 0/3
Receptor Status: ER-, PR-. HER +++

Postby VoiceOfReason » 26pm31America/New_York()

I am drinking ACIA Berry juice everyday. It is pricey, I get it at COSTCO....2 large bottles around $8. I usually drink 4 ounces, sometimes mix it with sparkling water.
Make America [color=#0040FF]GREAT AGAIN !!![/color]
Sarah
Diagnosed on: 2008
Cancer Stage: Unknown
Node Status: Unknown
Tumor Size: Unknown
Tumor Grade: Unknown
Receptor Status: Unknown

Postby Sarah » 26pm31America/New_York()

Are supplements are beneficial as the real thing ? There just seems to be so much food we need to consume
notalibtard
Diagnosed on: 3/09
Cancer Stage: stage II
Tumor Size: 2.5
Tumor Grade: 2
Receptor Status: ER/PR+

Postby notalibtard » 26pm31America/New_York()

I keep hearing that our veggies are so radiated that we get very little nutrition from . So we have to pick it up in supplements. But I have no idea what to take.
I was trying to learn something at another site, but it got ugly.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Peanuts

Postby Peanuts » 08pm30America/New_York()

I was looking at the website: www.knowacaiberry.com. It claims that the weight loss pill is effective, but there are some side effects.

If you have asthma, don't take the pills - breathing problems can be an issue. Also, some experience nausea, vomiting and dehydration. Supposedly, taking the pills with food and water diminish these SE's. Finally, if you have an allergic reaction such as itchiness, hives - stop taking the pills. The site is somewhat of a marketing campaign.

About 4 years ago, I was at a Starbucks ordering coffee. A man came up to me and began talking about acai. He seemed knowledgeable, but was very persistent that I try some supplements he was selling. It really turned me off. I do believe there are overall health benefits, but the marketers make me want to run. We should always be cautious. It is frustrating that medical docs don't give more info and encouragement about weight loss options.
Adopt from shelters, adopt strays!
Mimi2
Forum Moderator

Postby Mimi2 » 08pm30America/New_York()

I wouldn't take it. I do not like weight loss pills PERIOD! And I can stand to lose weight.

My DD did the diet that you can only eat 500 calories a day. Plus you use this hormone drop under your tongue which is supposed to stop the hunger. I told her not to do the diet. She didn't die, but I sure worried. :crzy: :crzy: She was glad to get off of it so she could eat again. She did lose weight, but I still thinks it's foolish. They give you instructions on how to start eating again after you're off the diet.
Ecclesiastes 10:2 (NIV) "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left".
Pat
Cancer Stage: IIA
Node Status: 0/?
Tumor Size: 4cm
Receptor Status: ER+/PR+/HER2+

Postby Pat » 08pm30America/New_York()

You will lose weight on ANY diet that only gives you 500 calories a day. You may not be healthy, but you will lose weight.

If the calories in are less than the calories expended, you will lose weight, so the key is to either take in fewer calories, or exercise so much that you burn more of them. That of course is far easier said than done, or there wouldn't be so many overweight people, and to date, there are no magic substances that change the math.
Peanuts

Postby Peanuts » 09am30America/New_York()

Yep, I agree. I am afraid of any OTC or internet purchased "diet" items. I remember the popular Phen-Phen of the 90's that did damage to people's hearts - and that was prescribed by MD's!!

There have been diet pills you can buy at places like Wal-mart - one of them was promoted by Anna Nicole and well....she's gone (not sure if her nutritional situation contributed to her demise).

Mimi, holy cow...500 calories a day. That has to start causing problems for the body after a couple of days. I'm glad you talked DD out of doing it.

A few years ago, a couple of gals at work started drinking a diet tea. It was a Chinese tea and you were supposed to lose 10 lbs in a week. One of the ladies messed up her digestive system so badly, she had to get med help. If it sounds too good to be true, then best not to do it.
Rosemary44
Forum Moderator

Postby Rosemary44 » 09am30America/New_York()

I find that my green tea keeps me from getting too hungry. I buy loose organic leafs from China. I loved sencha from Japan but the tea was getting the nuclear poisons in the air there. I don't think I could ever trust Japanese tea again. We don't hear anything from that nuclear disaster there anymore. It's probably over Minnesota by now, yet not a word.

The tea helped me to cut back a meal but I still don't lose much. It keeps me where I'm at. I guess if others could give up a full meal, they'd lose weight, but not me. It could have something to do with that slice of cake for dinner?
Mimi2
Forum Moderator

Postby Mimi2 » 09pm30America/New_York()

Peanuts, my DD did do the diet. It was a veggies and fruit and fish and chicken, ect. I was worried about her electrolytes. She seemed fine and now is off of it and has been for some time.

We ALL know that the only way to lose is to cut calories. And carbs that are useless. And exercise... :omg:
Ecclesiastes 10:2 (NIV) "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left".
Peanuts

Postby Peanuts » 09pm30America/New_York()

Mimi, sorry, I somehow missed it - must have been speed reading. :prnd:

Glad your DD is ok. Young people's bodies can handle the crazy diets better than mine, but still---no matter how much you lose, if it's dangerous and not sustainable - it isn't worth it.
Pat
Cancer Stage: IIA
Node Status: 0/?
Tumor Size: 4cm
Receptor Status: ER+/PR+/HER2+

Postby Pat » 09pm30America/New_York()

We ALL know that the only way to lose is to cut calories. And carbs that are useless. And exercise...

Actually, carbs are VERY important. Fruits and vegetables are carbs. All foods are carbohydrates, proteins, or fat. You can't live on just proteins and fat. It is the refined carbohydrates that carry a high calorie, low nutrition value that sometimes gives all carbs a bad name.
Mimi2
Forum Moderator

Postby Mimi2 » 09pm30America/New_York()

Pat, I was putting talking about the carbs with a "simple mind". ::D I called them "useless." I would love to have a useless Krispty Kreme Donut. :yum: :yum: :yum:

My DD make Paula Dean's bread pudding recipe using donuts. One could have a heart attack eathing those. I had a little of it...it wasn't all that great to me. She made it for Christmas last year.

Return to “C A M”