Not new to breast cancer, but new to this site.

Human Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor 2
pearlher2

Not new to breast cancer, but new to this site.

Postby pearlher2 » 09pm31America/New_York()

Hello everyone, I'm new to this site I have breast cancer and was diagnosed in 2006. I've completed the Surgury,FEC-D, then rads, then I thought I was finished, then I found a report that was misplaced that let me know I was Her2 positive, I wasn't happy about this because I had thoght I was finished my treatment months before. So now I'm on Herceptin and hate the side effects, and the weight gain and can't wait until I'm finished taking this drug as well. Anyone out there have any tips on how not to gain a middle tire while on herceptin, I don't eat much at all, I always feel full. So maybe I am eating the wrong foods and I'm wondering since herceptin does something to protieins, maybe I need to eat more protein in my diet. Well I am tired and will sign off now, I hope to make some great friends on this bc site. Thanks for listening. And Happy Mothers' Day!
lexislove
Diagnosed With: IDC
Mets: None
Tumor Grade: 3
Receptor Status: ER+, Her2+

Re: Not new to breast cancer, but new to this site.

Postby lexislove » 09pm31America/New_York()

Hi Pearlher!

Welcome! First..I can't beleive your docs could misplace something as important as your Her2 results!!!!!

I'm sure you have read all about Her2, you are lucky the mistake was found and now you are getting Herceptin. As for the side effects, I didn't have much. all woman are of course different. The extra weight gain, I would just try to cut back on portion sizes, eat whole foods (eliminate processed so anything in a can or box is no) cut back on sugar and try to move more.So walking for min. 30 min a day. 30 minutes goes by fast, but walk at a pace thats comfortable but at the same time gets your hear rate up.

Hopefully when you finish the Herceptin things will get back to normal. Happy Mothers Day to you too!
Emerald
Site Admin
Diagnosed on: 02/01/2008
Secondary Diagnosis: DCIS
Cancer Stage: Stage I
Node Status: 0/3
Tumor Size: 1.3cm
Tumor Grade: Grade 2
Receptor Status: ER+/PR+/HER2/Neu++

Postby Emerald » 09pm31America/New_York()

Pearl, did you have hormone positve bc? And if so, did you do estrogen blockers? If so, this too will contribute to weight gain. Are you menopausal? This too puts that "middle tire" around your mid section.

Lexislove gives great advice, portion control and exercise are key. If portion control is not an issue (from what I remember, you were tiny before Herceptin) then exercise will be very beneficial. I have gained some wieght too from Herceptin. I took two months off last Nov and Dec and lost it, but when I started back in Jan, came right back on. It is only about 6-7 pounds, but on a small frame, looks more like 10 - 15 pounds.

Welcome to the board and look forward to hearing more from you!
"I don't care if my glass is half full or half empty, I am just thankful to have a glass!"
Mimi2
Forum Moderator
Cancer Stage: Unknown
Node Status: Unknown
Tumor Size: Unknown
Tumor Grade: Unknown
Receptor Status: Unknown

Postby Mimi2 » 09pm31America/New_York()

Pearl, don't believe Emerald about her weight. Go look at "Meet Camille" (probably spelled that wrong and I'll never hear the end of it!) and you'll see our Em is tiny! Shame on you Em for telling "stories." :tong:

Nice to meet you, Pearl. I didn't do Herceptin, but wanted to say hi and welcome!
Ecclesiastes 10:2 (NIV) "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left".
Harley63

Postby Harley63 » 10pm31America/New_York()

Pearl,
Welcome! Yes, I know about gaining weight from bc treatment. I didn't have Herceptin, I was HER2 negative, but I'm gaining weight from Tamoxifen.

Mimi,

Hi... I got in!! But, I STILL don't remember my password... SHHH....

Maybe you can PM it to me??

Thanks! HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO ALL!!

Harley
Emerald
Site Admin
Diagnosed on: 02/01/2008
Secondary Diagnosis: DCIS
Cancer Stage: Stage I
Node Status: 0/3
Tumor Size: 1.3cm
Tumor Grade: Grade 2
Receptor Status: ER+/PR+/HER2/Neu++

Postby Emerald » 13am31America/New_York()

Pearl, ignore Shirley. She is toxic, ignorant, racially bias, and a troll. No one likes her so she has to eat worms daily. But she can spell Camille, so at least she is not a TOTAL failure. :twisted:
"I don't care if my glass is half full or half empty, I am just thankful to have a glass!"

Return to “HER2/Neu”