Inflammatory Breast Cancer Education

Inflammatory Breast Cancer
pattib

Inflammatory Breast Cancer Education

Postby pattib » 25am28America/New_York()

What a great new site to help women who want more information and education regarding breast cancer.

I was asked to jump in here and let those interested in more education about Inflammatory Breast Cancer, (IBC) know that there is so much that is new on the horizon in the way of treatment, and best of all HOPE, after a diagnosis of this.. the most aggressive of breast cancers.

I lost my beloved daughter Tina on August 29, 2007 to this monster, but she wanted me to continue doing what was needed, and that is standing on my imaginary soap box whenever I get the chance, and telling people there is another type of breast cancer that rarely has a lump, rarely picked up on mammograms, and is misdiagnosed in far too many women (and men too).

You need to be your own best advocate and if you feel ANYTHING is not right with your breast, you want to RULE OUT IBC, not wait months and be put off by doctor after doctor telling you 'it's nothing'.

We started a foundation in 2007 and for information, latest news in the field, and literature we can send to you, go to: http://www.eraseibc.com

Patti Bradfield, President
The Inflammatory Breast Cancer Foundation
GingerSnap
Forum Moderator
Diagnosed With: IDC
Cancer Stage: I
Node Status: 0/2
Tumor Size: 1.7
Tumor Grade: 2-3
Receptor Status: er/pr/her2+++

Re: Inflammatory Breast Cancer Education

Postby GingerSnap » 25am28America/New_York()

Thanks for joining us here!!
PRASS MEDUSA PRASS MEDUSA
camsdh
Forum Moderator

Postby camsdh » 25pm28America/New_York()

Patti,
Thank you for joining in...You are still my hero. Had bad news with Cam today, looks like the merry go round starts back up... Please keep checking in, and let us know of anything we can do to help you.

Herbie
angeltam
Cancer Stage: Unknown
Node Status: Unknown
Tumor Size: Unknown
Tumor Grade: Unknown
Receptor Status: Unknown

Postby angeltam » 27am28America/New_York()

"You need to be your own best advocate and if you feel ANYTHING is not right with your breast, you want to RULE OUT IBC, not wait months and be put off by doctor after doctor telling you 'it's nothing'."

Thank you so much Patti. I had almost given up feeling as if I'd have to wait until I was on my deaht bed before someone would help me. I didn't want to jump from Doctor to doctor feeling like someone might put me away but I DO feel like something is WRONG and this is NOT normal. With all the doctors even agreeing with me..... This gives me what I needed to STAND UP & PUSH HARDER!

Thank you!
Praying for everyone daily, Angel

Return to “IBC”