Be an IBC Advocate

Inflammatory Breast Cancer
camsdh
Forum Moderator

Be an IBC Advocate

Postby camsdh » 19pm28America/New_York()

One of the main reason IBC has a poorer prognosis than other forms of Breast Cancer is the delay in diagnosis. Not only do lay people have a lack of knowledge of IBC, but medical professionals do also. Help spread the word. If you want to print out brochures on IBC to leave at Beauty Shops, waiting rooms, your church or where ever, let me know you are interested, and I will post a site to download the file free to print your own.

Let us know, how you feel one can be a better advocate.
Emerald
Site Admin
Diagnosed on: 02/01/2008
Diagnosed With: IDC
Secondary Diagnosis: DCIS
Mets: None
Cancer Stage: Stage I
Node Status: 0/3
Tumor Size: 1.3cm
Tumor Grade: Grade 2
Receptor Status: ER+/PR+/HER2/Neu++

Re: Be an IBC Advocate

Postby Emerald » 20am28America/New_York()

Great idea! I hope you will post many sites with IBC info and please let me know what else I can add to this site so women can find everything they need to know about IBC right here at www.breastcanswers.com.
"I don't care if my glass is half full or half empty, I am just thankful to have a glass!"
debralynb
Diagnosed on: 1-18-2008
Diagnosed With: IBC
Mets: None
Cancer Stage: 3b
Node Status: 2/14
Tumor Grade: Unknown
Receptor Status: Her2/Neu +

Postby debralynb » 27pm28America/New_York()

That is a great idea - I had never heard of IBC until I was diagnosed. Would love to know the site.

Hugs,
Debra
camsdh
Forum Moderator

Postby camsdh » 27pm28America/New_York()

Debra,

So very glad you have found your way here, and appreciate so much you jumping in and helping get the discussions going. I have e mailed the pdf of the brochure to Emerald.. I'm not the sharpest tack in the box when it comes to linking and such. So I hope Emerald will be able to get it to you.

Herbie and Cam
angeltam
Cancer Stage: Unknown
Node Status: Unknown
Tumor Size: Unknown
Tumor Grade: Unknown
Receptor Status: Unknown

Postby angeltam » 28am28America/New_York()

Herbie & Cam,

Thank you for all this information. I do feel like MORE education needs to be done in the medical field. I can't tell you how many doctors (I lost count) I've talked with who say "There isn't a lump to biopsy" or "You'd have badly pitted skin if it were IBC" although they overlook all the other signs/symptoms right in front of their face. Why put out "If after 2 weeks Antibiotics don't work seek medical attention". These are "Supposed" to be Breast Surgeons. I think they should be MADE to have updates to their Degree's or some kind of class every year or two for NEW information in their field. I have still NOT been tested for IBC because of the ignorance of the doctors. I'm going to print out those brochures and leave them in those doctors office.
Thank you again Herbie & Cam for sharing this information and your knowledge.
Praying for you both daily.
Praying for everyone daily, Angel
camsdh
Forum Moderator

Postby camsdh » 28pm28America/New_York()

So I hope everyone will go to the home page of Breastcanswers.com to the cancer coner, under less common and download the Brochure at bottom of the IBC writeup. You can use the file at kinko's, staples ect to print large numbers if you want too.

This is by premission of Patti B. and I thank her very much for all the advocacy she has done. In her daughter's name, she has raised awarness, helped bring people together, and has worked hand in hand with people such as Dr Christofanilli in making a difference.

Return to “IBC”